Snow chains

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitch92

Reaction score
G'day

Looking to buy some snow chains for the trip down south in a few weeks. We don't know what to buy.

The ones we were looking at are on ebay, around $170.

What is better, auto-tensioning or manual?

Are these chains even ok?

Thanks
Mitch

If you think you may only use them once a blue moon or less I would just hire them, after all you may not even end up having to fit them if the weather stays like this all week.
I'm on the snow now and it's blue bird and is meant to stay like this for the next 5 days at Least.

What is chain hire worth? Our thoughts were 4 days at $40 is $160 bucks, same price as new ones off the net, plus then have them for in future.

Not sure of exact price depends on were you get them from. The longer the rental the cheaper the price . The trouble with buying is they only fit a small range of tyres for the size of chains .so if you change cars or tyres the chains may no longer fit.

G'day

I've used "snow" chains a lot in mud and on waterlogged farm paddocks. A friend of mine got a set of 4 for his farm 4x4. When very wet, 2 chains on the back only and he can drive in 4x2, no chains and he will get stuck as well as rip up the paddocks.

At the end of the Ski season is a good time to get "ex-rental" sets.

Latest posts

Back