Solo cape trip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

punchy

Reaction score
Hi, I'm thinking of heading up to the cape possibly this year and it looks like I'll be travelling solo in a relatively stock d40. Has anyone done a trip similar to this? I'm not interested in tackling difficult tracks at all, more just wanting to get up there do some camping, fishing and see some new places. I would really appreciate some advice/tips from people who have been up there.

I've not been since 1988 and that was on a bicycle. If you are just following the main drag up, then there is no drama as any car can do it. Enjoy the corrugations.

You'll be only likely to get into trouble if you go to out of the way places, such as beach fishing or the OTT side trip. Ask the locals when you fill up what the tracks are like if you want to poke down them.

Thought i would open this thread up instead of a new one..
My self and my soon to be wife are planning a trip to the cape November 2015 for our honey moon, and we will by ourselves.
I have a fairly nodded.d40 with soon to be winch and buying a camper next yr for it. What advice can people give to us that have been there, in a bit nervous going solo but ive wanted to do this trip for a.while now. What is the safest way up there with out going to gunshot creek etc.

Anyone's feedback will be most helpful, even the smallest deatils

Plenty of water and plenty of fuel, right equipment ie: recovery gear, spares, repair kit, spare hoses. Yadda Yadda Yadda.
Iv been told there is a fair bit of traffic that heads through there so if u need help someone is likely to pass buy and offer help.

Yea sweet guys.... The wet season starts mid dec but i plan to be.out by then if i make it there..
Do you guys think Melbourne to the cape is to much to plan for in a 4 week gap?

Do you guys think Melbourne to the cape is to much to plan for in a 4 week gap?

Personally, yes, but YMMV. My 2c is to just suggest driving north with a view that if you make the Cape, then you make it. If you don't, then it will still be there for another time.

The worst holiday I ever went on was a timetabled one. No time to relax and enjoy the scenery/whatever because we always had to be moving on to be somewhere else.

There is a lot of good country outwest and plenty of ways to travel through it and lots to see.

Howdy fella - i'm planning a trip around Au and was going to venture up the east coast to the cape then across to Darwin and so on.. when are you thinking of setting off ? If you would like some support I'm trying to get a few 4x4 together to do it with..... safety in numbers if you get stuck I say ! you welcome to team up with us to the cape if you wish... oh and max trax max trax max trax's cant go wrong! cheers vic

Latest posts

Back