Sorry another water injection thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iceman

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have for some time been considering installing a water/meth injection setup but i have a question...

I am looking at a coolingmist kit, the progressive one.

My question is this, how hard would it be to set it up with two tanks. One water the other meth. The idea being at low boost there is only a small omount of pure water being injected. At moderat demand there would be say a 75/25 mix and then under wot or heavy demand/full boost a 50/50 or higher mix. The idea being to save the meth for when its needed for more grunt. A bit like NOX is used i guess. This it would seem to me would have the best of both worlds.

Any thoughts anyone?

My primary goals are more power on demand and a cleaner/cooler engine.
I will also in time do a intercooler and hard pipe upgrade.
Also just for clarity i am not planning on upping the boost (its doing 19psi) or the fuel from stock. I think the fuel system is marginal enough without stressing it any more. (For maximum life which is what i am after)

Last edited:
Just street power as i do heaps of ks on the state highways and they are full of trucks and campers! Not interested in driving like a hoon but could do with more oomph when i most need it. Part of it is to offset some of the power loss due to the 33s but the little 126kw engine is a little under powered in my opinion. (For the weight of the vehicle)

Not sure on the logistics of a sorta self mixing water meth setup but id assume you would need two tanks...two pumps and 2 sets of jets or more.i was reccomended the cooligmist progressive setup also..i think the water/meth metering was all in the solenoid not the pumps...i suppose you could regulate the mix before it gets to the pump..gets rid of that stupid idea i had of twin everything.

Getting complicated now.its very possible the coolingmist progressive controller would suit you just fine..use that at higher boost with a nice and peppy meth mix then just get another simple system to inject water at low boost and kill it as the other one starts up.wow my mind is boogling!!

all good untill one jet blocks or pump goes a bit slow and you run to much meth and bye bye engine.
the other thing is the safety factor. straight meth needs to be in a proper fuel tank. under a 50/50 mix its not burnable so you can use it in plastic containers, inside cabin etc.

i had toyed with the idea of meth injection pre turbo (less risk of turbo damage than water) and water injection after the IC. but cost, its complex and risky.

Hmmm all very good points guys. Think i might stick with the tried and tested coolingmist setup. Thinking about it i dont really want a tank that is flammable. One of the reasons i dont have a petrol as i do so many highway km. camo i would assume there would be some benifet of low boost injection but dont really know enough about it to say for sure

are there benefits to low boost water only injection?

i don't think so. water does minimal air cooling (unless pre turbo) and it cools egt's well but at low boost you don't have high egt's anyway.
you can get in cyl steam effects but only if egt's are high.

pre turbo can help as it cools the air and reduces turbo outlet temp and tends to make it act like a bigger turbo. usually it benefits more at the higher boost where turbo is reaching it limits.

Latest posts

Back