Spare wheel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carchania

Reaction score
G'day all

The spare wheel winder on my d40 snapped the tabs off the end and I'm looking at moving my spare wheel to put my air tank there anyway. Has anyone got suggestions on how to get it down without the actually winder?

Cheers

Leayton

Cheers mate I shall attempt that today. I will clarify, the two tabs off the end of the pole that u stick through the back of the car to the winder r what broke off. Hopefully I've got a screwdriver big enough to do it

Cheers

Leayton

Know anyone with a D40 (or any other ute probably) ? See if you can borrow their winder.

More importantly, how did you break the wings off your one ? ? ?

They broke off when I was winding the jack up I recall. It's a bad design being welded on. Could have been cast all as one piece. Oh well.

Cheers

Leayton

G'day all

Got the spare out yesterday. Took to it with a flat ended old tyre iron and persevered for twenty. Thanks for the help. Now have my airtank installed there instead :smile::smile:.

Cheers

Leayton

Last edited:
:smile:In the tub. Til I make my canopy supports to put it on the roof. That's the only thing that's going up there so I'm just picking up a small basket that it'll fit in and get a canvas cover made for it. Getting a bash/slide plate made out of 3-4mm plate to protect the air tank underneath :smile: If I had a tray would have been a lot easier. For now no 4wding til the bash plate is made then I'm in the clear

Cheers

Leayton

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back