Spares for travelling

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fisher

Reaction score
I'm heading off a remote trip through central Australia in a few weeks, and I want to grab some spares such as fan belt and radiator hoses. I'd prefer not to go through the local Nissan dealer because of the cost. Are there any recommendations for on-line sales (or direct sales in Adelaide)?
cheers

I'm heading off a remote trip through central Australia in a few weeks, and I want to grab some spares such as fan belt and radiator hoses. I'd prefer not to go through the local Nissan dealer because of the cost. Are there any recommendations for on-line sales (or direct sales in Adelaide)?
cheers

After searching far and wide I decided to go with genuine Nissan parts, just to relieve me of any agony associated with buying wrong parts unseen. No affiliation, but ended up going with von Binbra (Qld) - all up approx. $50 cheaper (delivered) than anywhere else I could find.

i on the same problem, but im doing a little travel around south america, startin in chile, going to peru then brasil, argentina to the horno's cape and returning to chile from the south. Around 25k kms in 6 months. what would you say are the spare parts i should bring with me???, im driving a nissan D22, motor yd25 turbo diesel intercooler non common-rail, japanese built with 150k kms on clock.

im going to pass throu salt, desert, amazonia, mud, sand, over 4000 meters over sea level and snow.

i hope you can give me some tips on the spare parts. i'll be buying directly on nissan dealers.

greetings!!

Ps: sorry the offtopic

Interesting thing happened today, I went to REPCO to pic up some spare belts and hoses and it's a good thing I tend to check prices. REPCO list the top radiator hose at $109 and the lower at $190 for a Thai 2.5D D40. My local Nissan dealer list them at $25 upper & $45 lower.

Pays to check.

What would you say the essential spares you would pack for a trip?

One of every belt and one of every hose.
A couple of spare fuel filters.
A spare air filter.

My 2c is you pack what you can use to fix yourself up at one level and/or a local mechanic could use to get you going without a weeks wait for stuff to arrive.

I carry:
Kneadit (from Bunnings)
Rescue Tape (from Jaycar or Bunnings)
Air Filter
Fuses
Duct Tape
Steel Wire
Cable ties
Credit Card VERY HELPFUL

If you have maintained your car properly nothing should really happen unless you have 400k Km on the clock then anything can happen.

Enjoy the trip and have faith in your nav she'll be right!

Cheers

^ second the fuel filters suggestion. Carry a few. Bad fuel is common in remote places.
Also find yourself a spare parts place, wrecker etc in your main city before you go and ask them if they will post parts if you need them. I found this very handy once when I was in outback SA and I seized an alternator bearing. It was going to be a four day wait and $700 bucks for the local guy to fix it so we rang a wrecker in Sydney we knew and got him to post us one to the next big towns post office C.O.D. Took two days and only cost $250 with postage and fixed it ourselves. It helped that we had a good relationship with the wrecker. It's worth considering anyway.
Cheers.

Latest posts

Back