sports bar roof rack ideas....

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammy_STR

Reaction score
hay guys.

My nav is so far unfortunately stock however, i am keen on putting some roof racks on my beast.... with a twist.....
what i want to do is get a second set of the sports/roll bars and place them on the back of the tray facing the opposite way to the set already on

(this is not an original idea i saw it the other day and it took my fancy)

what i want to do after putting the sports bars on in some how attach a roof rack basket onto them which will also hopefully be the full length of the roof and join onto roof racks that are on the roof of the nav.

what does anybody think of this idea and if anyone has done it could they please post pics so i can see it.

cheers guys
Sammy

Don't put anything ridgid across you tray racks through to the roof racks. The body sits on rubber mounts and moves seperate to the chassis while the tub is bolted down direct to the chassis. If you put something ridgid between the two you will put ripples in your roof if you go offroad! Better option is two baskets, one on each section or mount a long basket above the tray wit the front extending foward partially over the cab.

Cheers.

I second what pete said! Go out offroad with another navara or two and you'll see that twisting and flexing in action!

I've just ordered a set of roof racks for my canopy, with a long tray to come in the future.

And if you decide on just getting some roof racks for the cab, spend a bit extra and get a fixed track system (rhino, Nissan and a few others do this). I had no end of trouble with my clamp down ones on a recent trip.

thanks for that info guys.. this has changed my idea.. maybe two baskets is an idea.. see how i go
cheers
Sammy

What they all said, I've had enough experience selling and fitting the stuff...

Latest posts

Back