Squeaking noise coming from rear

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jased22

Reaction score
Iv had an annoying squeaking noise coming from the rear end of my nav for a while now. Thought it was the bushes needing greasing. So i replaced bushes and re greased. Didnt fix the problem at all. So i sprayed the leaf springs with wd40, stopped the noise instantly!

I've been trying to stop mine squeaking as well. From what I have found it could be anything from the actually leaves being shifted and rubbing on the clamps or steel guides that keep them in place to the bushes like you have already looked at. You will be able to tell by looking if they are touching the guides with someone jumping up and down on the back.

I have been meaning to remove the leafs and straighten the pack back up, reinstall and tighten everything again because it may have been loose u bolts that allowed them to move slightly in the first place.

I was warned when I had my Dakar springs installed that the leaves could squeak after getting some dirt in them, they usually go quiet after a good pressure wash.

I might try some silicone lube on mine and see how they behave.

I was warned when I had my Dakar springs installed that the leaves could squeak after getting some dirt in them, they usually go quiet after a good pressure wash.

I might try some silicone lube on mine and see how they behave.

Mine had two types of squeaks, one you could tell was metal on metal from the guides and then yes the other occurred after driving dusty roads, pressure washer fixed and a bit of silicone spray and 2 weeks later same noise. Used spray on lithium grease with success but requires a clean and replace every now and then as obviously attracts dirt and dust.

I've bought that lithium grease in the past, because it was supposed to be better for my weight distribution hitch. I believe it was, but the bloody nozzle gummed up and I was annoyed that an expensive can had failed - I threw that out and went back to normal grease.

My experience with the lithium grease in that location was quite good. It does get very gluggy with dirt after some time so regular maintenance is needed.

My car wouldnt squeak at all with me jumping up and down on the rear bar. Only when it jolts kind of thing. Would do it alot letting out the clutch or powering on. Iv been on the beaches every weekend for months now. Must of been sand between the leafs causing it. I wash my car religiously. But high pressure spraying the leafs didnt seem to help

Get rid of the leaf springs and get coils hahaha. Leaf springs will always squeak to some degree, I once used to try everything to stop them squeaking and finally gave up haha.

Get rid of the leaf springs and get coils hahaha. Leaf springs will always squeak to some degree, I once used to try everything to stop them squeaking and finally gave up haha.

Haha i f***ing wish! Some noises I can live with, but this sounded like i had a sqwearking cockatoo stuck under my car

Here's an interesting video, which might shed some light for you.

(which was about diff/shaft/centre bearing movement). I think the movement in the leaf pack is particularly interesting, along with the rotation of the diff housing!

That is interesting, never thought the diff would move that much. Might check how much play i have in my centre bearing

A good set of leafs should have friction disks in between each leaf to reduce this. I thought the emu Dakar leafs had them in them.

Well the noise is back. Need to get some off that spray mentioned earlier. They are efs leafs and they have friction pads

i get the standard squeak in my leafs, took me a bit to work out weather it was bushes or leafs but after i sorted that out, i now just spray some lanolin in the leafs and rub points when ever im cleaning/tinkering on the ute, takes 30 secs, lanolin seems a little thicker than WD-40 so seems to last a little longer before the squeak finally returns.

Update on this. The squeak was coming back after every off road sesh. It would go away after spraying the leafs. Just had a look as the squeak would not go away this time. And i have a snapped leaf spring! Farrk

Update on this. The squeak was coming back after every off road sesh. It would go away after spraying the leafs. Just had a look as the squeak would not go away this time. And i have a snapped leaf spring! Farrk

Bugger, there must've been another problem after all.keep us all updated???

Sorry for your dilemma.
Hope you get to the bottom of it.

Cheers Geoff Go the V-6's

Bugger, there must've been another problem after all.keep us all updated???

Sorry for your dilemma.
Hope you get to the bottom of it.

Cheers Geoff Go the V-6's

No idea aye. But dont know how old the springs are, they were already on the car. Cheers mate, Not good just before christmas! It will have to wait!

Latest posts

Back