ST-R and DX???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

equipt

Reaction score
Just wondering if there is any difference between the ST-R and the DX D22 3.0L motor??
I know the 2.5 in the D22 is not as powerful as the D40 version.

The reason I ask is that I have on 06 DX and a mate has an 06 ST-R, His is stock as a rock with about 210,000kms. Mine has a snorkel, full 3" tipan exahust, K&N filter, EGR mod and only done about 180,000kms. When both running the same size tyers (32") or smaller standard tyers his is a shit load more powerful. We have tested this (on a closed RD under professional supervision:yeahright:) over a hundred meters or so his was in front by almost 2 lengths. I have driven his quite a bit and when we went to Adelaide last year with at least 800Kgs of car parts in the back his car had no troubles holding 110kmh in 5th going up the hills. Where as mine if it sees a hill I have to drop back to 4th.

If anything his has had a harder life as it was used as a tow car for a bob cat for most of its life where as mine did most of its life driving from Ballarat to Geelong (90km) and back most days by a school teacher.

There could be but my father inlaw had a DX sinlge cab and i reckon it went better than his dual cab STR he had before.

yours could be dirty injectors maybe, or it might need i ecu reset??

bryan

Hmm, I was thinking about injectors, I run injector cleaner in just about every tank but I may have to get them taken out and cleaned properly. Any Idea of approximate cost?

As for dif ratios I assume they are the same as they are both standard. Saying that though that may not mean much.

Easy way to tell diff ratios - get both cars up to the same speed in the same gear and compare engine rpms. If they're close to each other, the final drive ratio is going to be close too.

It's possible that yours just needs to be taken out and have its ass flogged to clear out the cobwebs.

If you've used injector cleaner regularly I wouldn't look at the injectors first. I'd look at other things, like how much gunk was lying in your intake manifold from PCV and EGR.

There might also be some value in doing a compression test to make sure you don't have any sticky/seized piston rings. These could be done without spending too much cash and that's always a good start.

Seriously, I'd wait for Dion/Pinelli/Tweak'e to come along, I'm always amazed at how much those guys know in intricate detail about the various models.

Easy way to tell diff ratios - get both cars up to the same speed in the same gear and compare engine rpms. If they're close to each other, the final drive ratio is going to be close too.

It's possible that yours just needs to be taken out and have its ass flogged to clear out the cobwebs.

If you've used injector cleaner regularly I wouldn't look at the injectors first. I'd look at other things, like how much gunk was lying in your intake manifold from PCV and EGR.

There might also be some value in doing a compression test to make sure you don't have any sticky/seized piston rings. These could be done without spending too much cash and that's always a good start.

Seriously, I'd wait for Dion/Pinelli/Tweak'e to come along, I'm always amazed at how much those guys know in intricate detail about the various models.

I will have to check the ratios.
I am 100% sure it has no cobwebs as I give it a hard time most days and when I am out bush it is often close to red line. LOL

Latest posts

Back