st vs st-x

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

500 ford

Reaction score
Hi new to the navara forum
looking at buying a 2010 d 40 what is the difference between a ST and a ST-X
and how do tell eg the vin?
is there anything I should look out for its a turbo diesel auto

thanks Shane

Welcome aboard.

In 2010, the ST was the 126kW engined Thai built car. Chassis is slightly different, some of the wiring is different (no ambient temp sensor, but there are members of this forum working on that - click here to see). The STX was the 140kW engined Spanish build. External differences apart from the badging: ST had indicators in the guards, STX had indicators in the mirrors. Both could out-haul Hiluxes at the lights.

VIN number for the Thai builds starts with 'MNT' and for the Spaniards it starts with 'VSK'.

Welcome aboard.

In 2010, the ST was the 126kW engined Thai built car. Chassis is slightly different, some of the wiring is different (no ambient temp sensor, but there are members of this forum working on that - click here to see). The STX was the 140kW engined Spanish build. External differences apart from the badging: ST had indicators in the guards, STX had indicators in the mirrors. Both could out-haul Hiluxes at the lights.

VIN number for the Thai builds starts with 'MNT' and for the Spaniards it starts with 'VSK'.

Thanks for the info

Yeah but in reality it's 14kW - at the end of the day, it's not a lot.

My wife asked me if I wanted to upgrade to a 550. I worked out that I'd reduce my fuel consumption by about 3LPHK when not towing, and probably about 5LPHK when towing (being conservative). We tow a little less these days (there's a grandson, and a new house requiring renovations that get in the way both time- and money-wise) but we still put on the km. If we do 30,000km in a year, that's 300 lots of 100km, or 300 lots of 3 litres of fuel saved = 900 litres of fuel, or about $1300 a year.

With that in mind, I can't justify the $30,000 difference between a private sale of my fitted-out Navara with a bare-bones 550 - especially when I don't use all of the power of my ute now, I just adopt a "slow and steady" approach. Ask any of the guys that travel with us - it's usually a case of "Tony, we'll meet you there" while I watch their tail lights disappear into the distance. I don't mind, really - I *do* travel slowly. I think even Scotty Bobcat was going to hand-craft me a new pension card and weld me up a new walking frame.

Latest posts

Back