Star Wars: Episode 7?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason

Reaction score
So Disney to buy Lucasfilm for about $4B and going to have Star Wars 7 out in 2015.

Good or bad idea? Leave well enough alone or pass the baton on to a new company? Considering the first was released in 1977 and the improvements in CGI since then have been exponential.

Interested in your thoughts, most of us would have grown up with Star Wars.

All the recent Star Wars films were jokes, why stop now there is a lot of space geeks out there who will buy anything and everything with a star wars logo on it no matter how bad they make the movie.

Pretty sure there was always meant to be 7 parts. George lucas is a tripper... 4,5,6 and then 1,2,3 then 7?

That's a hard one Jason.
Like you, I grew up watching Star Wars and there's a big part of me that says leave the originals as they are, but as you point out with the improvements in CGI, how good would these movies be re-made.
I'm definitely sitting on the fence for this one... Splinters in the arse all the way LOL.
Cheers,
VCrusty.

I'm not a massive Star Wars fan but I have enjoyed watching them.

Why do you think the recent ones are a joke Krafty?

Because they were crap and despite all the press I'm not convinced he wrote them in the order he said he did or that technology was what stopped him making them in order.

He should have left it back in the 80's.

Wasn't the story going around that it was supposed to be a trilogy of trilogies - so three more to come?

The early Star Wars movies were great (for what they were) but the more recent 3 (smaller numbers) were crap.

Jar Jar Binks? Really? Anyone got a shot gun handy?

Look at it this way... another movie can't be any worse than that!

Last edited:
Well that's why taste is subjective. Even in movies :p

In Disney's press release they say they are going to make a few more Star Wars movies, with George Lucas staying on as a creative consultant. All of the previous movies have been winners at the box office so I don't suppose that will change.

Needs more wookies.

My understanding is that it was a trilogy of trilogies.

I found the original 3 (eps 4, 5 & 6) were absolutely fantastic. Good, simple stories told well.

The next 3 (episodes 1, 2 & 3) were light on story and heavy on visuals.

If Disney has it now, they could do a good job - I actually enjoyed Toy Story.

I just can't see Luke scratching his head looking at the dead Jawas saying "Somebody poisoned the waterhole!"

Now if they introduce Luke and Darth into a future Toy Story or maybe Luke as a driver in Cars 15 then maybe there is some hope.

The early Star Wars movies were great (for what they were) but the more recent 3 (smaller numbers) were crap.

Jar Jar Binks? Really? Anyone got a shot gun handy?

Look at it this way... another movie can't be any worse than that!

Couldn't agree more, in my opinion there were only ever three films (4-6) the others never happened. And given Lucus won't be writing the new ones you can be sure the scripts will improve!!

yeah, the next movies that were scrapped by Lucas Arts got turned into the computer games Jedi Knight franchise

hopefully, the movies they propose will follow the KOTOR (knights of the old republic - based 1000years before phantom menace) saga

The acting in 1, 2 and 3 was terrible and how can you get a better plot line than "luke I am your father"

Am I the only one who has no idea what you blokes are talking about? I've never watched a Star Wars film - Sci Fi does nothing for me. I did watch Toy Story 3 on telly the other night, if that helps!!

Latest posts

Back