Starting problems Navara D40 2007 [SOLVED]

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phils Phourby

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have a bit of a problem with my Navara D40 that I cannot seem to work out. I will explain what happens in the sequence that the problem occurs.
1: I put the key in the ignition and turn to the starter coil light comes on and then wait until it goes out.
2: Push in the clutch and turn the ignition.
3: The dash lights all go out like a breaker has cut the power to everything.
4:I can then wait about 10-15 Mins and do this again (steps 1 and 2) and the engine will start and run no worries, but to reset the radio and clock.

Some times instead of starting at step 4 it will make a electrical trip noise down where the starter motor is situated. My question is has anyone had this sort of problem themselves. Could it be a faulty starter motor tripping something out.
Other details :
The Crank Battery is good at 12.8 engine off and about 14.5 odd at idle.
Same for the second battery in the tub.
Rearc isolator installed for 18 mths now and no problems so far.
If anyone could give me a heads up on what they think it is or if the problem has occurred to them it would be much appreciated.

Phil

Clean the battery terminals. Mine just did the exact same thing about a week ago. The negative terminal was only conducting off a small area and the massive current required to turn the engine over (about 550A) caused everything to switch off until it arced and got a better connection. Cleaned the terminal and all was good.

Hey Tony,
Tried what you said and decided to replace the Negative Terminal clamp with something more robust than what was installed as well as replace a bodgey battery wire link to the block while I was at it. Cleaned and scrubbed all the terminals around the Battery area. Started first pop and the six times after that. I even think the dash lights are brighter but that may be my imagination.

Thanks for your help.

Phil

Latest posts

Back