Steering Dampener Vs Steering Dampener

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneMofo

Reaction score
Ironman Bash Plates Vs Steering Dampener

Hi Peeps,

Another enquiry, am about to purchase a set of Ironman bash plates for the old girl as I figured the sump has copped enough of a flogging. Iv also ordered a new Drag link and a full set of Tie Rod Ends ready for Muster.

Has anyone fitted the plates and a Steering Dampener?? Just wondering if there is room for all that as I suspect there is not.

Cheers Steve.

Last edited:
You can fit any you want really... depends if you want an rtc one (with a big spring on it) or not...

They just clamp to the drag link. Could make your own kit if you wanted to... make your own bracket to mount to the chassis

That's the best way.. just have a look at how the rancho mounts and copy it really....

Just had a bit of a look at google and this is what it looks like
4833.jpg

I reckon that'd fit inside a bash plate too...

Last edited:
Remember though Rancho do them for $190-ish is it's worth a custom job? I guess if u have the tools laying around.
Well I'll find out in the next couple months. Ill update when I know.
Would be a shame to buy it and find it won't fit though.

Last edited:
I wouldn't have thought it would cost much to get those plates laser cut and bent... and the shockie is nothing special...

i thought about making brackets and fitting a shock up, but never did it.

let us know how you go.
might have a crack at it oneday.

i reckon it should fit with the tjm bash plate i have, not sure about ironman plates.

I've got the rancho dampener and ironman bashplates on my rig and there is plenty of room.
The 2.5's you kind of have to twist the dampener around a bit anyway.

I've got the rancho dampener and ironman bashplates on my rig and there is plenty of room.

The 2.5's you kind of have to twist the dampener around a bit anyway.

How do you find it soybean, worth the $$$??

Yeah man I reckon it was worth it, don't get any shocks through the steering wheel now when hitting potholes and etc.
It's noticeable.
Best of all it's a cheap mod.

Back