steering wheel plastic trim peeling

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjohn

Reaction score
Had 60,000 service done 1/7/11. asked dealer about the plastic trim peeling off the steering wheel. his quick reply, YES. and he looked at the trim around the window controls, also damaged. and said We will do those too. UNDER WARRANTY!!!! Tweed Heads dealer. Note he said they wouldn't be covered under the extended warranty.

Last edited:
Why would they not be covered under extended warranty? I'd be extremely pissed if I'd paid for extended warranty and not got something as cheap as steering wheel plastic fixed under it. The existing thread on this topic has a number of people getting this done under warranty but I don't remember if anyone's said they were under extended warranty

Yeah my car did the same around the cruise control and the power window control, went into nissan and they replace the lot for me straight up no hassle at all to my surprise

My D40 steering wheel replaced at 20,000 under warranty with peeling - no problems with dealer! Hope it doesnt happen again.
Cheers

Did you guys get the whole wheel replaced or just the switch section of the wheel. When mine was replaced on friday at Tweed they only replaced the switch section, now I have a 2 coloured steering wheel

I had the wheel replaced, stupid way of doing it if you ask me but none the less it was Nissan's choice and the plastic appears to be going fine so I'm not complaining.

i had mine replaced a few months back and the new one is peeling already!!! Going to see what they can do when i take it back for the recalll on alloy wheels

Back