Steering wheel shake/vibratiom after new tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael10

Reaction score
hey guys first post on the site!
Ive read around a fair bit on this but cant seem to find any help..
About 2 monthes ago, when driving on the highway reaching about 80-100km the car would shake uncontrollably and vibrate, which I thought it was due to the wheel balance. I ended up getting new tyres (general grabber at2's) and the shake went away. Soon after, while driving on the highway I noticed the shake was back, this time just on the steering wheel but not as bad as before, although still very annoying. The tyres had only done one light off-road session. I booked the car into nissan to check if there was any damage to the body/chassis but they didn't find anything. I also read that it could be the torque converter. Any other things it could be? (excluding wheel allignment, balance, tyres etc.)
Car is 2010 Nissan Navara RX Auto.

As it is doing it next time turn off the over drive, if the problem goes away straight away it most likey is the torque converter.

If it's only through the steering wheel, I'd be getting the wheels balanced again. If you can get an on-car balance, it'll phase in any weight issues with the rotor and hub as well.

vibrating

If it's only through the steering wheel, I'd be getting the wheels balanced again. If you can get an on-car balance, it'll phase in any weight issues with the rotor and hub as well.

and yes I have the same problem on my d22 2010 model I also had new wheels .. and found the hub is out round 5 mill and iam looking at getting the hub machined or the cheaper way a static wheel balance on the front the hubs have not been moulded properly out of shape

Latest posts

Back