steinbuaer chips

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bert546

Reaction score
these chips dont seem to come up for sale . is that because no one buys them in the first place or are they so good that they keep them ?

Last edited:
they are good and most people don't resell them for that reason
and they aren't a simple 2 plugs like fuel rail chips

cheers

same as unichips.....never heard of them selling? but people claim they are one of the better ones out?

which would you guys prefer? uni or stein? next stage is chip and tune time for my rig....

They're overkill on a DI ZD30, all you need is a chip that holds the spill valve open longer and taps the TPS. D.P ,Tunit and similiar

today a shop in shepparton quoted me $1370 to supply and fit a tunit chip . are they any good . is that an ok price.

Last edited:
Thats probably what most places would charge. I found mine on fleabay for $700 ( someone ordered the wrong type) and fitted it m self. If your not in a hurry and want to save some money check fleabay and gumtree for second hand ones. D.P are the same as Tunit. Had mine reprogrammed at a 4x4 shop once and only cost $40.

thanx Rumpig . old mate said he would set it up to suit what i want . towing a camper trailer .

Know why you never see a Unichip for sale?

You can take it out of what ever car you have it in, and install it in the next car you purchase no matter what it is. As long as the engine is run electronically, the unichip can tune it (so pre 1980 vehicles need not apply)

As for which chip you should buy.

They all control the spill valve for the extra fuel, no other way to do it.

Only the unichip has the ability to control the timing solenoid in the pump via the crank angle sensor.
It also has the ability to control the turbo boost electronically with 5 different settings for Boost/Fuel/timing.
It also has safety backdown with egt/coolant temp as an option and so many more possible combinations of tuning methods...

So it really depends if you are looking for a cheap power fix, in which case I would probably pick what ever is cheapest.
Or something thats got serious amounts of features and will be a long term investment not just for your current truck but any future purchases also.

Diesel Tuner would you recomend a Unichip ?. i have a 3in exhaust and intercooler already fitted. i was under the impression Unichip and Tunit are ,or do the same thing.

No mate, unichip is in a class of its own.

Its hard to explain all the things it can do without rambling on and making the post massive, but suffice to say it has at least 10x more features than any other chip on the market.

Ill try and give a short and sweet list.

Tunit - DP - Steinbauer - Rapid - DTUK + most of the others
1) Increases fuel

Unichip -
1) Increase or decrease fuel
2) Alter injection timing
3) Alter boost electronically even on ZD30's that had no electronic control standard.
4) Safety backdown water temp
5) Safety backdown air temp
6) Safety backdown exhaust gas temp
7) Set governors or limiters for a valet or anti theft mode
8) Remove road speed limiters
9) Clamp voltages so the ecu doesnt go into limp mode
10) 5 Complete sets of maps switchable while driving (this isnt just a +/- fuel figure for the chip, it is a completely different tune that can actually be setup to run a different car if you swap the chips around on your vehicles)
11) Run a water/methanol injection system

Thats 11 features quickly off the top of my head I could easily think of alot more than that, and these are just your run of the mill things I do with a chip. Some of the more detailed things I use them for would boggle the mind of most people.

So yeah 10x more features than anything else out there and thats not opinion, thats cold hard facts.

ok . thanx Diesel Tuner for the time and effort you have gone to to reply . my next question is . whats involved in fitting a Unichip . the only reason i was leaning towards Tunit was the local dealer was suplied and fitted.

Well, your option is to get a plug and play unit that you can install yourself and has a preloaded tune in it.

But the ideal way is to either have the plug and play harness, or just get the Unichip hardwired into the vehicle and get it properly dyno tuned to suit your car.

diesel tuner, i have already been leaning towards the unichip, but whist your on here i want to confirm, if i purchased one for my yd25....and "for example" 2 years down the track sold it and brought a 76 series cruiser or somthing late model. i can have the unichip removed and tuned into the next truck?

also whats a "ball park" figure for a uni and tune for a YD25? less than 1500 or more than?

Yes. It can be refitted to any car you purchase in the future.
All you need to do is either remove the entire unichip loom when uninstalling the car, or purchase a new loom (about $40) for the new install.

Ballpark is about $1700 if you go to an authoried reseller. Additional options will obviously cost extra (5 maps might cost an additional $100-$200, electronic boost will be around $250)
If you buy them in overseas and are lucky enough to find someone that can tune it, it may come in cheaper.

I normally do them for around $1550 including 2-3-4-5 maps or what ever is requested and electronic boost control if the car doesnt have it standard.

cheers for the info mate, good news too hear,

nah ill go with a authorised seller keeps it simple and money for locals, i think my closest is in newcastle (morrisett)

great price by you, too bad your in bloody QLD.

Latest posts

Back