Stereo controls not working after battery change

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garybyrne

Reaction score
Hi, apologies if this has been answered before, ignorant newby! I have just changed the battery on my 2005 Outlaw and now the only control working on my stereo/cd changer is the on/off/volume button, output is fine, can't retune radio etc though, I can only change between radio/cd via the steering wheel controls. Is there a way of resetting this? Anyone encountered this before? Suggestions?

Welcome to the forums.

I'm not answering until I get steering wheel controls...bloody cheap D40.

If it's a factory stereo I'd go along with Tony's suggestion

No mention of a pin number it suggests it's not needed on this stereo, useless Nissan manual! Stereo works after a fashion but not with it's own controls, it's wiped all presets off tuner and won't let me reset them. An ECU reset do any good do you think or am I going down the wrong track.

I don't know how long Nissan have been using PIN'ed stereos but to me it still sounds like a PIN issue and I very much doubt an ECU reset will fix it

My 1998 Commodore had a pin number in it.

The pin for your radio won't be in the manual, it will be in the manual's booklet holder thing, on a separate card. Check the little pockets, it should be there. Failing that, you can call Nissan and provide the VIN and they'll give you the PIN. If you don't make too much DIN the price won't be a SIN, too, so I better stop now before Dylan puts this post in the BIN.

my radio pin is in the back of a separate manual for the stereo. Cant find it ring nissan with you VIN and Engine number

Try disconnecting all power to the radio, leaving off for a while, maybe up to 30 minutes then cleanly reconnecting.

Sometimes microprocessors in gadgets get upset when power issues happen, can't hurt to try.

Probably is a PIN issue though.

Cheers
Geoff

I'm certain it would be a PIN issue. I've had to re-enter my PIN everytime the battery has been disconnected (which has been serveral times). This does put the stereo into 'I won't work mode', and the PIN fixes it every time.

Hi there,

The UK models will likely have a different stereo unit to the Aussie models. Ours come out from Spain with no stereo fitted, then have a Thai manufactured Fujitsu Ten unit installed once they get off the boat.

What I'm getting as is that the UK model may have completely different specification on such ancillaries as stereo.

It's a shot in the dark - but on the off chance that your stereo is the same as one fitted to an Aus model, can you post a pic of the head unit? An owner here might be able to tell you "Yes, that looks identical to mine, and definitely requires a PIN", or alternatively, we might be able to say "Looks nothing like the stereo fitted to Aus models - sorry, can't assist".

Sorry I can't be of more direct assistance.

Latest posts

Back