stereo speakers as uhf

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pane

Reaction score
G'day

I'm sure this has been discussed before but i'm thinking of running 2 4"coaxle speakers as extension speakers but how can it be done when the output of the uhf is mono.

Now the t608 kenworth i drive occasionally has this exact setup but i'm not about to start pulling it apart to find out how its done.

So whos done it or knows how its done?

Cheers

well the UHF isn't sending out a stereo signal - someone has simply split the mono input across 2 channels I'd say

G'day

I'm sure this has been discussed before but i'm thinking of running 2 4"coaxle speakers as extension speakers but how can it be done when the output of the uhf is mono.

Now the t608 kenworth i drive occasionally has this exact setup but i'm not about to start pulling it apart to find out how its done.

So whos done it or knows how its done?

Cheers

How do the T608 go ? I have only driven Volvo merc and sterlings..... Are u a mud carter ? That's what I been doin the last 7 or so years.

Yes, but how's that uhf stereo thing going? Keen to look at this myself.

Bad news on the shoulders btw - how'd you do it?

Sorry didn't mean to hijack. You will prob laugh your ass off I had a job on a super muddy site like shin deep. Had plenty of mud on my boots and as I got to the top step of my truck I slipped grabbed my seat with one arm and dislocated that shoulder.... Then when I fell after letting go of the seat I put the other arm out to break my fall which killed the other one.

Depending on the impedance of the external speaker circuit in the UHF, you could probably use a cheap amp (with speaker-level input) to drive a couple of external coax speakers. Won't be a stereo signal, but would probably be nice and clear.

G'day

I'm thinking that most if not all UHF extension speakers are 8 ohm should I not b able to run to 4 ohms in series?

Cheap coaxles will do the job no worries at that rate.

Cheers

Back