Stereo upgrade D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt76

Reaction score
Hi all,

A guy who has been fitting speakers into the coffee vans I have been fitting out at work has proposed to upgrade the stereo and speakers in my D40 in exchange for some stuff he needs made for his workshop.

I don't want to do anything crazy like subs and crap that take up valuable space, so it will probably just be speakers and head unit, has anyone got any suggestions on what I should request? The D40's already have 4 speakers, but I'm sure they arent in the same class as the aftermarkets. The head unit will have to have bluetooth for my phone, and an ipod/iphone connection would be nice.

What have you guys done or can suggest?

Cheers
Matt

I thought we had 6 speakers in ours - two on the dash and 1 in each of the 4 doors. I'll have to look again, I might be wrong.

We had the genuine unit removed and a Pioneer F900BT installed. Plays DVDs, has navigation built in, bluetooth with auto-mute of the radio etc. Not bad, but pricy.

You could see about something like that - it'd certainly kill a few birds with the one stone.

I thought we had 6 speakers in ours - two on the dash and 1 in each of the 4 doors. I'll have to look again, I might be wrong.

Ah yes you may be right, I typed without using my head again haha.

Did you upgrade the speakers too Tony?

No, they were left as is. Pretty decent sound. Pulled up at an intersection with Jace Everett's theme to True Blood absolutely blaring out the windows and really got some strange looks. That's when I noticed all the school girls standing waiting to cross the road.

Oops! :banghead:

i will have to get some pics up but i upgraded my whole system to alpine this is the head unit i used.. (was also in my last ute)
Alpine Electronics of Australia
It has Ipod integration and i did have the reverse camera hooked up when installed into the NAVARA it also has the capability for Bluetooth and Navigation. I than also had the 6x9's and the 6" in the back doors replaced with type S speakers but left the tweeters in the dash.

It is not thumping but i have to say when you like it that little bit loud it can go there adn the IPOD interface is really good and easy to use. and the DVD side of it is actually nice and crystal clear...

Hi all

i have just brought a new head unit for my 2008 d40 i have fitted a few head units on cars b4 with no problems but this 1 is a little differnt the aerial plug is like nothing ive seen b4 is a retangle plug so was wondering if any 1 has come across this and if there is any soulition for this

Hi all

i have just brought a new head unit for my 2008 d40 i have fitted a few head units on cars b4 with no problems but this 1 is a little differnt the aerial plug is like nothing ive seen b4 is a retangle plug so was wondering if any 1 has come across this and if there is any soulition for this

Yeah it's a Nissan thing.
Most auto electrical places should be able to sell you the adapter that's required.

^ pretty much what he said, I think the last time this topic came up it was suggested Autobarn had the items in stock

Latest posts

Back