Stiff 4WD selector

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bax84

Reaction score
Hey guys,

More dramas with my newly aquired 05 Dx. It doesn't want to go into 4L or N on the selector.

I struggled to move it into 4H last night, and it's free'd up a bit just from going back and fourth.

I'd say it hasn't been used for 4WD in years, what's the best way to fix it up. Take the boot off and smash it with penetrant?

Cheers

I you haven't already, change your transfer case oil. Have a look under the car around the transfer case, you should see the transfer lever arm and knuckles, give them a look over and spray them with some lanolin or similar protectant/lubricant stuff. The arm should wobble freely on the knuckles.

I you haven't already, change your transfer case oil. Have a look under the car around the transfer case, you should see the transfer lever arm and knuckles, give them a look over and spray them with some lanolin or similar protectant/lubricant stuff. The arm should wobble freely on the knuckles.

Thanks, something to do on the weekend.

are you pressing it down as you move it from 4H to N? has to be pressed in about a cm before it will go into the lower 2 gears, that and you can try reversing back, sometimes gears don't align for whatever reason and it will crunch and groan if you force it.

Seems to be a lot better now guys, I sprayed the linkages with a tonne of inox and it's getting better. I'll give it another good spray this afternoon. Just have to keep putting it into 4L every week and it'll come good.

Latest posts

Back