"STING" power chips and manta exhaust

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

co accused

Reaction score
hey guys,

been looking around for a while now trying to establish which is the best chip for the 2.5l navara d22

has anybody used, heard about these STING power chips made by manta exhaust i believe??

i was really leaning towards the DP chip but at a price of $1500 compared to $800 for the STING unit

any comments.............

Well look at it this way. The main question you asked is which is best.

All any of them do is either pressure sensor fooling.
Or the more pricey ones like steinbauer do injector overdriving.
Some of them do both, which is ideal as both ways have their own merits.

The better chips out there such as Unichip which dont compete for the 'cheap' market share can do a myriad of other functions such as, control when the fuel is injected which is critical to making safe power (unichip is still the only one that can do it to). Control how much boost the turbo is making etc..

And also have safety factors and compensation tables built into them to ensure perfect tuning in all conditions while not putting the motor under any undue stress.

But your selections so far being DP and Sting. I dont know much about sting chips. But im guessing its a pressure chip just like dp = no difference.
The price difference between the DP and unichip? About $300 for alot more features and a tune that is done on the dyno to suit your car, not a generic tune to suit all cars.

To prove a point to a customer on the matter of why so many company's are getting into the chip game. I went down to jaycar picked up some BASIC electronic components and an aluminum case to put it all in (cost me all of $32, with the case being $14 of that)

Took an hour of my time to put it together, and voila. I had a dp chip which gave identical results on the dyno. Not one iota of difference in power between the two.

So really your extra $1468 bucks is in a flash case with a sticker on it and 2 plug in connectors?

Latest posts

Back