STOLEN D40 and Jayco campervan

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nao

Reaction score
stolen:
- 2008 Charcoal Nav D40 twin cab ute, arb bull bar, snorkel, Micky T's rego xshellx - 2006 Jayco Eagle campervan rego Q53 559

also got an icom handheld and a HEMA sat nav

stolen from from sunbury vic earlier this morning

and to top it off Mrs changed bank accounts two weeks ago and the monthly insurance premium didnt go through hence just been advised, sorry...

Attachments

• DSC_0028.jpg
    DSC_0028.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 164
  • DSC_0590.jpg
    DSC_0590.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
That sucks, have the coppers been any help?

I'd be talking to the insurance company again too, two weeks overdue on premiums is not an instant fail, although it may depend on your history with them.

I would create a Facebook Page and share the hell out of it. Pretty effective these days.

Yeh, id be trying insurance company again. When you make a claim you have to pay the outstanding premium which would include the missed payment. Surely there is some leniency for late payments.

I am with suncorp who claim they have 1 month leniency if you miss a payment.

sucks about your car being stolen though, what kind of dog steals a car and camper van, no doubt if they get caught it will be a slap on the wrist...

You can demonstrate good faith in your intention to pay (monthly transfers get screwed up all the time) so try them again -- then off to office of fair trading.

Dammed well sucks that some low life has put you in this position though! I hope they get cancer of the cock!

thanks guys..no luck yet. insurers advised they have a fourteen day grace period and we missed it. i wont mention who at this stage.
has a 'tonka' sticker on the back window too..
ive p;astered it on Facebook and can see ppl are sharing it so hopefully something will happen.

big bummer i have two disabled kids who luv camping..

Mate that really sucks... Get on to the Financial Ombudsman strait away advise them of your situation and lodge a complaint re insurance. There contact details are
Phone toll free 1300 780 808.
Gpo box 3 Melbourne vic 3001
Web; www.fos.org.au

talk to them strait away and make them aware of the situation and they will guide you on what to do next as it doesn't seem wright if they did not advise you of the transfer not taking place.. There should always be a reminder notice sent....
Best of luck mate. let us know how u go.:tazzy:

Good luck with everything mate, not much chance of it ending up my way but I make a note to check out every Nav anyway incase he's a forum member so I'll keep an eye out for a TONKA sticker.

If you created a Facebook Page maybe post it up here I'm sure a few of us could "like and share" it.

Bloody hell, I thought I was unlucky. Very sorry to hear.
You would have had it all just the way you like it too.

I agree, make it as public as possible. Facebook has to be good for something.

I would also use Facebook to make known the insurance issue. Even if only from a 'learn from my mistake' angle. Comments with no acid tounge may even gain the insurer rethink their position with no legal issues for you.

Keep us posted.

Best wishes.

Trust insurance to say oh yea 14 days when it was like what 15 days you missed it by? also despite the fact you have a contract for month to month insurance.

I would be reading your premium thoroughly mate.

cheers, yes am gutted. im on facebook and have people sharing but dont know how to let you guys add links to it

thanks guys..no luck yet. insurers advised they have a fourteen day grace period and we missed it. i wont mention who at this stage.
has a 'tonka' sticker on the back window too..
ive p;astered it on Facebook and can see ppl are sharing it so hopefully something will happen.

big bummer i have two disabled kids who luv camping..

Mate first off can i say that im sorry to hear of your bad luck and hope the cops can be of some help before you need to pursue your insurer.

As for the insurance i think you still have a good chance to make them pay as i have had a similar situation with NRMA and monthly payments, but can i say i had missed 10 payments due to thinking the car yard had included 12months worth of insurance BUT in reality all they had done is request my previous situation be continued.
Any way unbeknown to me i drove my brand new D22 for 10months with no insurance until i had an accident on the freeway causing a brand new commodore wagon to loose control and end up on its roof and was a total write off.
So i rang my insurance to explain the situation and was promptly told to PISS OFF as i was not insured and had NOT been for the last 10 months due to the first payment not going through and even though i had been insured with them for the last 8years they were not going to pay my claim.
Anyway i ended up going to the ombudsman and what do you know they come good and paid the 36k for the other car and all i had to do was pay my excess and the full year of payments as i wanted to do in the first place.
As i could show that my intention was to have the car insured they paid.

Mate send me a pm and i will give you my phone number so i can explain the full situation as there is a little more to the way i proved my intention to have the car insured as its a little too much to put here in this thread.
but trust me you can get them no matter what they tell you at this point in time.
best regards,
Nathan.

Latest posts

Back