Stolen tow bar.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

Some dirty son of a stole my tow bar tongue last night.

I was only thinking the other day about buying one of those locking pins, anyone know where to buy a good one that wont rust up and be a bitch to get off.

Oh and if the person who stole it is reading this, you should try water injection.

Put 5L of water in your fuel tank, with 70L of diesel and disconnect the wiring plug on the fuel filter. Will make the Nav haul ass.

FFS if you can afford a STR surely you can afford a bloody tow bar.

Karma will get them, if there is one thing in society I hate its theives.

Kinda glad the son of a didn't put it through my window though.

Dave.

if it was just the hitch it could have been just about anyone with a 4b... bet it was a toyota driver sick of you hanging shit on them haha.

Yeah I was thinking that aswell.

However I was at Cessnock and Rutherford last night so doesn't really surprise me.

Might ring a wrecker in the morning or drive into Newcastle as I dont like the local dealer around here.

It was probably someone who whinges about having no money but refuses to do overtime everyday. I know a few people like that but cant see them being up at 2-3am.

Dave.

should be able to pick one up sub $50. Still a pita. I was always worried about that so left it behind my backseat.

Jeez Josh its all the Sydneyites that moved up here since the developers started turning this place into a Sydney suburb.

Thats the worst thing about growth, more people come in and so does the crime.

I should of thru it in the tray, oh well I will buy a new one tomorrow.

I just hope when they took it out it fell on there foot and broke there foot.

Dave.

I Have a locking one from super crap I sprayed it with inox first and it has been Ok

The reason I got it . When I purchased the car from the dealer it had no tongue .I asked about one . So he walked up to another car took it of and gave it to me.

Jeez Josh its all the Sydneyites that moved up here since the developers started turning this place into a Sydney suburb.

Thats the worst thing about growth, more people come in and so does the crime.

I should of thru it in the tray, oh well I will buy a new one tomorrow.

I just hope when they took it out it fell on there foot and broke there foot.

Dave.

Growth in general is shit. Population control i say. too many already.

Hi Fella's

So some bastard nicked your tow bar tongue Dave.I leave mine behind my back seat with all the other junk.If your tow bar was fitted by nissan they use hayne reece tow bars.

Shane

Last edited:
That crossed my mind to, there are a few tow bar joints around here.

Ill drop into one in the morning or arvo tomorrow. Depends on how many drinks I have tonight I suppose.

Id rather pay a little extra then going to the local Nissan dealer.

Dave.

Oh and Josh I second your comment on limiting the population.

We use to have one language and Australia use to be based on christian values, now the polliticians are affraid to say anything.

Dave.

Likewise Josh, second that, anyone been to Sydney airport ? You would not know you are in Australia.... Sydney is a mess, it is a cauldron of hate waiting to explode.
Back on the towbar issue, I found the latch of one of these hayman reece towbars in our local park, so I think it is the bored teens that are getting their kicks out of pinching anything no locked.

im preety sure its a hayman reece bar on these.....
assholes for stealing,at least u didnt lose a compleate trady trailer,like some poor blokes did..

I am just glad it didn't get put through a window in the ute.

Now I think of it there were some teenagers sitting at a bus stop in Cessnock last night that kept looking at me.

Wankers, get a job to stem your boredom.

Dave.

yeh i keep mine at home till i need it. would put it behind seat but havent build a box behind there yet so it just slides and bounces around the place

I tend to keep mine at home, also leave the pin out too. I only put the pin in if i'm going 4 wheeling - or if i put a tongue in.

I also have a locking one that i used on my previous car, but now i'm changing hitches all the time - off road trailer vrs boat trailer.

Not good Dave, i think that it will happen to me when i leave it in and i park outside my yard. try and resist the temptation of paying it forward and taking some other cars hitch. i know you wont, plenty of others would though.

Back