STR Horn sounds like a barina...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
once i get my horns setup i'll get a quick vid showing the install and a quick toot, i mean BLAST, lol

just from myself blowing into the horn it was loud as hell! the thought of a compressor pumping air through 2 horns is ballistic :p

I used the same disc type horns that were in it, just two now instead of one.

They mount on rectangular tabs of metal.

Damn I've never thought about my D40 horn sounding like a Barina. I hope I never get in a close call I'll be too embarrassed to use the horn in case someone hears it.

Funny that I should only just find this thread. I have been thinking about changing over the horn on my D22 as well. The one that is on there is bloody pathetic. I think that comparing it to a Barina is a bit unfair on the Barina. More like the old road runner cartoon "Meep Meep" (I suppose that is far given that they advetised the early Barina with the road runner!)

The only time I actually needed it I simply could not get the attention of the silly old bugger that was in the process of running me off the Princes Highway just out of Pakenham (With race car on trailer behind)

I really though about finding a couple of old Mack horns for it but that would probably be overkill! might undo the bolts holding the bullbar on too! I have not bothered to do it yet but I was leaning the same wasy as posted before in this trhead, I was just going to get some old Datsun horns from a wrecker. A good thing I dont use it for 4WD work as I doubt that they are at all water proof.

There is a set of air horns off an IH Acco at a mates place I could put on the Nav but just like the aeroplane landing lights another mate had on his Barina back in the early 90's some ideas are better left with the empty beer cans in which they came from.

some ideas are better left with the empty beer cans in which they came from.
Thats a solid gold quote! :big_smile:
So much inspiration, so little thought. Thats the story of all my projects - and there have been a few that really should have been put out with the recyclables!

Keep meaning to call into a wrecker and just grab a horn out of a Falcon - even Ange reckons the Nav horn is a major let down.

But that ships horn is certainly something special. Love it.

There is a set of air horns off an IH Acco at a mates place I could put on the Nav but just like the aeroplane landing lights another mate had on his Barina back in the early 90's some ideas are better left with the empty beer cans in which they came from.

Funny you should say that, I was looking on ebay a week or 2 ago and found some HID spot lights that are about 30% brighter than the landing lights of a 747, and I did think about getting a pair, they are only about $600 a set from memory.

Back onto the horn topic, to connect up an airhorn, can it be just a swap over from the normal D22 horn by removing the old horn and just connecting the compressor and the trumpets??

Have a look at my thread, just hooked up a replacement all in one type air horn to my D22.
Thread is under members rides, Matts D22 STR from Factory to now.......

Hey woznme, Did you run new wires did you?
Could the same thing be done with what is already there and just loop to the second horn?
I tried having a look at my standard horn wire and traced it just back abit and found a plug hidden behind some of the metal, anyone have an idea what its for, Is it for another fan or something?

Latest posts

Back