Stripped splines in torsion bar adjuster

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bit hard to see the pic, warranty wont cover it cause they tell you its not covered for 4wdriving, go figure. They will blame the lift anyway.
Maybe try to get something out of the mob that fitted the suspension, most have a 2 or 3 year warranty on them.

So when it stripped how did you get home, did you just drive on the bump stops?

tow cost me $440 to thornlands from goomburra looks like ill try a wreckers and replace the part

Had this happen in the Simpson Desert.

For everyones information the adjusters can be swapped from left to right and if you chisel the tab that is welded into the back and then file down the weld you can actually put the adjusters in backwards. We did about 3000km including crossing the Simpson, Big Red, Strezleki track etc with them in backwards. Cheaper than a tow and it makes you feel like a big man when you fix things in the bush haha.

wish i knew that on the weekend!! i fixed mine last night got the rear adjuster front bracket and original torsion bar all for $66

My adjuster stripped the splines about 2 months ago, the torsion bars were inserted properly and circlipped, but they were wound up and had done nearly 250000 miles. the spline runs right through the adjuster so if you carefully grind out the indexing tab and do some welding and grinding you can flip the whole adjuster over and use it upside down.
the bars themselves seem to be worn out too as ride height keeps dropping slowly.
Anyone know where to get heavy duty bars and adjusters cheap?
I had to do exactly this^^ My adjuster stipped 1 week after lifting the front 50mm.

Maybe a lubricant issue, grease gets washed out or deteriorates and the casting wears until there's not enough spline left to support the weight? This could explain why the newly fitted bars ha an issue, mechanic didn't grease the splines on the socket AND bar before fitting.

What year models have been stripping splines?

Latest posts

Back