STX 550 - Fuel pump gear

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FRR

Reaction score
Hi All - has anyone else had any issues with their STX 550. I had a bad rattle in the motor - it's 2 years old and done 40,000km. This is what Nissan tell me is the problem:

Nissan navara 1dro800 has a snapped shaft for the fuel pump gear that runs the gear for the fuel pump that runs off timing chain I am still waiting on this part I ordered it v.o.r urgent order it is not coming up with an out look date in the Nissan system our parts manager has raised an iq to Nissan to get an out look date they are over east so should have a reply in the morning and I will email you we have as exact out look date regarding your vehicle we have been dealing with techline (Nissan engineering) they advised us to check this shaft/gear on stripping found to be the issue causing the rattling noise they were unsure of exact parts to order so once stripped we ordered all appropriate parts the part we are waiting on is part no NI16767-00QAA it is on critical order as I said we are more than happy to lend you one of our Nissan navara loan cars if this helps you in anyway

Its been in the garage now for 2 weeks and today got another email saying:

the parts manager has had a reply back from Nissan Australia this morning regarding the part we are waiting for they have given us an out look date of he 18/08/2013 and they have said this is due to supplier delays if you would like to call me you can reach me on my direct line 93514436 as I said to you before I am happy to supply u with one of our Nissan navara d40 loan utes if this helps you in anyway

Rang Nissan Australia and they really don't care. My understanding is they know this is an issue and have redesigned this part. They should be doing a recall. instead they are hoping that when this issue arises in other cars the warranty period will be over and you will have to pay for this expensive fix!!!!

Look forward to hearing from others with a same problem.

So are you saying that the timing chain is at fault? Or a sprocket that runs off the timing chain?

Surely after the YD25 chain debacle, that would have ensured the new V6 had a decent chainset in it.

Perhaps this is just "one of those things"?

if its snapped the shaft that drives the injector pump then how is it even running ??

Latest posts

Back