STX-550 head unit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it doesn't matter about checking the banora upgrade it's just that when you said in an earlier post you had driven to ballina i thought you may of noticed the sat nav showing you grass tracking at banora!! although if you do get bored go on google maps type in "view street, banora point" and change the view from the map to the satellite view and you will see where the new motorway upgrade goes marked over the top of the trees/houses etc also all the adjoining roads are now totally different at the end of darlington drive, laura street etc it is quite a substantial upgrade

Last edited:
I wasn't watching the screen intently so may not have noticed. However, I was under satnav guidence from Brisbane to a Lismore address, and I would have expected her to start yelling at me saying "Off route' 'Recalculating" or similar if she thought I was grass tracking.

The woo i am just reading this and thought you might find it of interest, apparently the units in the 550 are Eclipse items model number AVN726EA

www.eclipse-web.com/au/support/update/

if you click on the unit on that webpage it guides you through a software update that improves iPod connectivity before being able to upgrade the maps installed on these devices

i then have found this on the map update site

www.eclipse.naviextras.com/shop/por...eCode=60564&view=item&page=1&type=100&area=25

Sounds promising but unfortunately i only have an apple laptop so i cannot look into this further to see if it works.

Also if you look in the special offers section you can buy added extras such as a 3D pack and speed camera databases, think i need to find someone who had a windows based PC!!

Fantastic news. Latest iPhone ios6:284859 or whatever is mint.
Phone syncs beautifully l, charges, and the head unit mimics the iPhone. Great stuff!

Sorry to have to tell you guys, the AVN762EA is fitted to the X-Trail. The navara unit is quite different - or at least the one fitted to mine is.

My previous transport was an X-Trail, and I did that map update. Apart from the sticker shock from the $200 update charge the maps were quite good

Just as a bit of an update i phoned eclipse up and gave them the unit ID number, the guy i spoke to said that wasn't an eclipse number and couldn't help me so i have someone who i believe to be quite reliable looking into the manufacturer of the unit and when/if i get this information i will be sure to share it with you guys then hopefully i will be able to get to the bottom of which company i need to contact to get my map updates from as i am having no joy with nissan regarding the latest version.

Thanks Adam, I would love to hear what you find out.

I have been researching this on the web for months. It is like banging my head against a brick wall. Still, it feels good when I stop for a while.

I did find this link in my 550 navigation manual.

http://www.infinitieurope.com/ownership/gracenote-page.html

Not any real use, but it does show that this unit (or a variant) is installed in Nissan Infinity current models, as well as Murano, pathfinder and some strange uk models.

The US Navtec website has updates for USA maps for the infinity
http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-InfinitiNorthAmerica-Site

but nothing useful for our Navara models. I suspect that our mapping might beprovided by another map maker. The manual says the maps are based on Navtec data, but processed by Hitachi.

I emailed Navtec US a couple of months ago - no response.

I'll keep looking, but my old Tom Tom is the answer for the moment.

Yeah thanks guys.
I'm not out in this thing every day trying to find new addresses in new estates, but I'm keen to keep it up to date as possible.
Cheers, Ben

Well, don't hold your breath guys. I logged a call with Nissan Australia's Customer Service department a month ago - still no response.

After all this time and no one getting back to me i have found this in my owners manual.......

Looks like the answer was there all the time!

Attachments

• image-1.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 207
How weird is this, look what i have just received after all this time of researching and wondering about map updates....

Dear Adam,

New South Wales is always growing and changing – from new roads and suburbs to new shops, restaurants and parks. The good news is that Satellite Navigation Map Updates are now available for your Nissan Navara, to ensure you have updated road information.

The Satellite Navigation Map Updates come complete with updated transport and road infrastructure, to keep you informed about developments like the Ballina Bypass update or changes to the Ross Lane Interchange.

The Satellite Navigation Map Updates take less than an hour, so there's minimal disruption to your day. To organise your Satellite Navigation Map Updates installation, simply contact your local Nissan Dealership.

Yours sincerely,

Nissan Australia

Attachments

• ImageProxy.mvc.jpg
    ImageProxy.mvc.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 124
  • ImageProxy-1.mvc.jpg
    ImageProxy-1.mvc.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 128
You are right about the map upgrade.I just received the letter from Nissan telling me that there is an upgrade for the GPS unit in my 550.
I rang the dealer today to book it in for its 10000k service and i enquired about the map upgrade and i was informed that it is available at a cost of $370.00.
There must be a cheaper option.

thefoz, I was quoted $395 by the service manager today :deadhorse2:. He was embarrased but explained they need to download from Nissan and then you can only install once from DVD. He didn't think they would sell many at that price especially when you can buy a gps for same price. I think i'll keep searching for other options - maybe ebay or torrent sites.

Hi guys, Any further update ( no pun) on the map updates.. Just picked my 550 up this week and wondered if the maps were upto date.. Cheers. PS.. iPhone 5 syncs ok... Cannot stream music via bluetooth, although with proper apple cable, plugged into console USB socket plays on head unit ok.. Anyone got voice recognition?

Latest posts

Back