STX-550 head unit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine streams via Bluetooth perfectly. Remove the cable and it will do it. Scroll through Aux until
Bluetooth audio appears.
Holding down the phone button activates voice recognition, however it's only as good as the phone, which is debatable.

Hi I just bought my12 Spanish build same issue says installed maps year11/12 great they are useless dealer says state of art system but NOT installed is their response just great but I am going to try consumer affairs see what they say

Mine streams via Bluetooth perfectly. Remove the cable and it will do it. Scroll through Aux until
Bluetooth audio appears.

Holding down the phone button activates voice recognition, however it's only as good as the phone, which is debatable.

Bloody legend.. Now I can play my playlists from my Nexus 5

Roads don't change much around our part of the world so I have not noticed the maps being too wrong however the GPS to me is useless because it uses weird speeds for roads. I have been onto the menu to alter speeds for different road types but it makes no difference. If we drive on the speed limit we can be in Sydney on 5 1/2 hours. The GPS reckons it should take us something like 12 hours. Most of the times I need a GPS is for offroad work and I use a Samsung 7.7 tablet with OziExplorer. The $40 app I downloaded onto the tablet for on road navigation is better than the Nissan unit.

Thanks "The Woo". I'll give it a try.. Iphone 5.

Awesome, got it. Thanks. Needed to switch to audio list. Works. Streams perfectly.. Now to work on Voice Recognition..
BTW, Maps are 11-12MAP No.1
Program Version X1A12053

I know this is not the thread, but has anyone got the cup holders in the rear of the center console?

Thanks. Cheers.

Good to hear gents.

I may have given a bit of a bum steer on the voice recognition. I tried it again last night (seldom use it), and it will do voice to text, but using an iPhone 5 I need to prompt the voice to text using the phone handset. Can use Siri in the same fashion, but effectively you're not hands free, you're simply using the car's microphone instead of the phone's mic.

So, bum steered you I think, sorry for that! You can stop going mad trying to get it to work now ;)

But, if you happen to find a way, let me know will ya? lol

Cup holders - Spanish built doesn't have them at all, Thai build does. Seems a little silly that feature was forgotten on the top of the range version, while a base Thai spec has it. lol

Thanks.. Disappointing on both counts.. Don't suppose you know if the Thai cup holders would fit the Spanish one? Anyway, continuing with the accessories, dual battery, bull bar, spotties, and what ever else i can cram in/on.. Thanks for your help.. I'll post photos soon..

Love it..

I would assume That centre console would go into a Spanish build, but also wouldn't be surprised if there were some subtle differences in fit or plastic grain.

I like the ute a lot but agree with Big Pete - the GPS unit is crap, e.g. would not allow Charters Towers to be selected in the address section. Map upgrade is ~$400, with no guarantee it will be any better. I'm looking at replacing the GPS brain dodah with another unit using other map software, and has an option for HEMA as well. Plus add a forward looking camera if I can (for the wife mainly but might also help with it's other BIG fault, it has a the piss poor turning circle).

I have top of range x550 Spanish build navara

I have taken this up with Nissan and Northern Nissan where I bought it told state of art nav and communications music blah blah but no speed cams no traffic alerts obsolete year11/12 maps when purchased new Dec 13

CALLED NISSAN NOT INSTALLED IN AUSTRALIA IS RESPONSE

NISSAN SAYS NO ONE BUT ME IS MAKING COMPLAINTS SO THEY WILL NOT BE DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT BUSINESS LOGIC COSTLY TO REMEDY FOR ONE PERSON WAS RESPONSE

Nissan ADS "INOVATIVE" "not"

SO LETS COMPLAIN AND LOUDLY ALL WHO HAVE THIS ISSSUE SEND THEM EMAIL AND GET THEM TO RECTIFY

I WILL GIVE YOU NORTHERN NISSAN SPIN DOCTORS EMAIL
[email protected]

SEND HIM ISSUES AND POST HERE SO WE CAN GIVE NISSAN STATS OF OUR DISATISFACTION

Gps

The GPS unit in my 550 is just crap, did not know where Charters Towers was, tells me to turn right but shows left, gets stuck in a loop going round in circles, turns where there are none, maps 10+ years out of date. And I think everyone that actually uses it has complained but the dealers can do nothing. There is/was an upgrade map but $450 or so - no thanks.
I had Northfield car sound (Brisbane) fit an additional unit to provide different (common) GPS program plus Hema maps. It's not cheap. So now I have the choice of 3, Nissan/vanilla/Hema, and upgrade is cheap. To replace in dash unit completely means losing other options on the display, but this add on is transparent. U have to load the alternates that's all.
Next big innovation will be using your mobile phone for 'free' gps via the indash unit - can't wait but it's not gonna be tomorrow!!

Latest posts

Back