STX Alloys - why so difficult?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fisher

Reaction score
Okay, now I'm really confused. I have a Spain built D40 STX, and I'm planning a trip to Alice in a month or two, so thought I'd get an extra spare. Fortunately I checked the forum and found out that Spain / Thai models have different offset in the wheels. Like all things Navara, you need to be really careful you are getting the right parts. Why Nissan would do such a thing annoys the hell out of me!

Anyway, I digress. I found a D40 alloy rim and same size tyre advertised locally. Before I went and had a look at it I took one of the existing wheels off to check offset and other info. To my surprise the rim had "Nissan Thailand" stamped on it. So my car is a Spain build with Thai rims? WTF? My car was subject to the rim recall a couple of years back. So I'm thinking - maybe the new rims were made in Thailand?

Anyway, I went and had a look at the used rim and tyre - it was stamped "Nissan Spain" - but with the same offset '30'. As the offset is the same, I made the assumption that the wheel was suitable and ended up buying it - $80 rim and tyre (90%).

So - can I assume that as the rims are the same offset they will fit, regardless of Spain or Thai build?

cheers

The new wheels Mr Neesan gave us to replace the shoddy originals were made in the Thai plant . So even though the new wheels are stamped made in Thailand they are to suit the Spanish build.
It was obviously cheaper to have the wheels made in Thailand than importing them from Spain

The new wheels Mr Neesan gave us to replace the shoddy originals were made in the Thai plant . So even though the new wheels are stamped made in Thailand they are to suit the Spanish build.
It was obviously cheaper to have the wheels made in Thailand than importing them from Spain

That's what I had hoped! Thanks for that

Latest posts

Back