STX King Vs Dual Cab

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G.Robbo

Reaction score
Hi fellas, just joined this forum as I am in the market for a new Navara and have a few questions.

I originally had my heart set on the STX King Cab CC as I need the trayspace to haul my motorbike + tool boxes down the sides. My local dealer had no King Cabs in stock but assured me they are specced exactly the same as the Dual Cab which I had a look at and really liked the interior/features.

However it seems he didnt know what he was talking about as I discovered the King Cab has a different interior, smaller wheels, no climate control etc.
I would like to know any other differences that I am not aware of.

Also does the Dual Cab come in cab chassis as I need a trayback not style side? If not would it be hard to swap the styleside for an alloy/steel tray. What are the max dimensions legal for the tray??

If anyone has a KC or DC could you let me know the dimensions of your tray please?

And do both sections of the rear seat in the DC fold up. does anyone have any photos of their DC with seats folded? cheers.

Cheers fellas

Hi fellas, just joined this forum as I am in the market for a new Navara and have a few questions.

I originally had my heart set on the STX King Cab CC as I need the trayspace to haul my motorbike + tool boxes down the sides. My local dealer had no King Cabs in stock but assured me they are specced exactly the same as the Dual Cab which I had a look at and really liked the interior/features.

However it seems he didnt know what he was talking about as I discovered the King Cab has a different interior, smaller wheels, no climate control etc.
I would like to know any other differences that I am not aware of.

Also does the Dual Cab come in cab chassis as I need a trayback not style side? If not would it be hard to swap the styleside for an alloy/steel tray. What are the max dimensions legal for the tray??

If anyone has a KC or DC could you let me know the dimensions of your tray please?

And do both sections of the rear seat in the DC fold up. does anyone have any photos of their DC with seats folded? cheers.

Cheers fellas

ST dual cab and STX king cab are both made in Thailand and share most components, the STX dual cab and 550 are made in Spain and have the extra spec's.

a) They STX King Cab and Dual cab are a different Spec level

b) The Nissan website is very missleading on the King cab. It is a lower spec then the specification states.

I have noticed that it is missing the colour coded electric mirrors for a start.

c) Tray lengths differ greatly, I have a 2100 tray on my king cab.

Having said that, the king cab is a great size if you dont want to carry anyone in the back regulaly.

a) They STX King Cab and Dual cab are a different Spec level

b) The Nissan website is very missleading on the King cab. It is a lower spec then the specification states.

I have noticed that it is missing the colour coded electric mirrors for a start.

c) Tray lengths differ greatly, I have a 2100 tray on my king cab.

Having said that, the king cab is a great size if you dont want to carry anyone in the back regulaly.

They must have changed, my 08 had painted mirrors.

iv got a 2010 st dual cab and quite often have 2 250cc dirtbikes in the back and they fit fine but you have to have the tailgate down

The King Cab (1865mm) has a tray that is 354mm longer than the STX (1511mm). These figures are from the brochure for the 2009 range.

The only model with climate control is the 550 (last I heard). Mine has ordinary air conditioning which can be supplemented by opening windows, using ice packs, candles after meals of cabbage or other cooling/heating methods. I don't really have a problem with the performance of my air conditioning so far which is good because while I really don't like cabbage a whole lot, I dislike the resulting smell a lot more.

Thanks for all the info. I really do need a tray back for the toolboxes. Does anyone here have a tray on their dual cab?

Anyone removed the seats in the back of a DC for extra storage or have a photo of them folded up?

Ok this isnt exactly what your after but you should get the idea.
This is an 07 ST-X so not sure if the later models are the same but I think they are
IMG_0043.jpg

The units on the floor are from a US D40 Frontier and the bottle of veggy was for scale

Looks something similar to my 09, so they were still doing it the same way 2 years later, but I've got no scales or vegemite, however vegemite may have scales.

what model of dual cab is it as the back peice is the only bit that folds down on the rx and st where the stx folds up.

yea thats it, the st and rx model only have the back folding down part, not sure how much room there is if you pull out the seats completly but id say it would look like aussies pics without the picnic baskets

I had a King cab STX, now hava a dual cab STX 550, basic dash layout is the same, with the Dual cab having climate control, Black plastic dash & a few nicer features.
Tray on my King Cab was 2100 long, i had two 1750 tool boxes on mine & could easily stick my RM 250 up the guts of it, could only close the tailgate if compressed the forks a bit.
The interior of them both is very soft & gets scratched up too easily, and for what its worth the STX 550 feels rediculously softly built, like i'm scared of taking it off road its that soft.
Dual Cab STX (I think the interior is the same for normal STX & 550) is a loads nicer car, if you're after a car that is, I miss my King cab

I have the 2011 stx king cab , and was told they had eletric mirrors , but when it arrived it did not have them , apparently they ran out of parts so left them off the stx king cabs for the last build or two , I was told by the agent and Nissan. I was a bit pissed as it was some thing I specificlly asked for. so I sought to get them added at thier exspence and was told to hard , so they gave me six free services on top of the 1000 k service . must admitt as this is not bad still would have liked the mirrors , till , the Queens birthday weekend .
On a 5 day juant up through Lakefield for the run off , kalpowar crossing had just opened , still had water over the causeway about a 500 deep , the tracks were still abit over grown and my mate busted his electric mirror on a branch as it hit it , and it didn't fold in from the bump , my mirrors folded in and all was good .
Since then I have seen a few broken mirrors on different 4wds of different brands and couple of owners I asked said the same thing didn't fold in fast enough or to big a hit and now I don't feel so bad about not having eletric mirrors .
Would have liked climate controll , but only in the stx dual cab .
Wheels are of different size to a stx dual cab 16" on the king cab and 17" on the dual cab , and there are three different types of rims , so get the right one if you can find it , as I can't find a second hand rim for mine and the new ones for mine are 550 bucks form Nissan .
But all in all I have had my King cab for 6 weeks and am happy with it , it is primarily a work truck and after having a dual cab triton for 11 years the room in the tray and the little extra in the cab is perfect for me .

Greg

Latest posts

Back