Subwoofer Space

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4runna

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just bought a new head unit and speakers all round (a xmas present for myself.)

Pioneer DEH-7350BT head unit
Polk Audio DB-6501 components for the front
Polk Audio DB-651 coax for the rear.
I am and now looking at buying a sub and a couple of amps.

I am looking at the Kicker slimline already boxed up but I am not sure if it will fit behind the seat!!

I have asked a few people at JB & Wow and have searched this forum but I can't find a definite yes or no!

If anyone has one or knows if they fit or not can you please let me know.
I am also thinking I may have to buy the sub by itself and make my own box.

Cheers in advance

Tony

Buying a sub without a box may be cheaper but it all depends how you are with timber and building things.
Sub boxes are easy to build (i was building them when i was 16 for my first car)and are especially good if you have to fit it in a certain space in the car as then you can custom shape it and still keep the exact volume for the best operation.
Someone has built a custom enclosure for a D22 I think but you'd have to have a search around.

I was looking at the Kicker and also the Cadence slimline sub from JB Hifi. I went into the Mt Gravatt store and they let me test fit both in the 10 and 12 inch and unfortunately none of them fit. They'll slot in fine but they're to wide up the top for seat to go back into place.

I think you're best option is to build you're own box unless you can find something which tapers up to around 8cm at the top. In the end I went for one of these cause i'm to lazy to build my own box. Its not as good as 10 or 12 inch sub but its better then nothing.

http://www.frankiesautoelectrics.co...nd-8-passive-900w-peak-shallow-mount-sub-box/

Hey, thanks for your replies everyone.

Andrew, your sub box looks pretty snug.
You wouldn't happen to have the dimensions handy at all?

Tony

I was looking at the Kicker and also the Cadence slimline sub from JB Hifi. I went into the Mt Gravatt store and they let me test fit both in the 10 and 12 inch and unfortunately none of them fit. They'll slot in fine but they're to wide up the top for seat to go back into place.

I think you're best option is to build you're own box unless you can find something which tapers up to around 8cm at the top. In the end I went for one of these cause i'm to lazy to build my own box. Its not as good as 10 or 12 inch sub but its better then nothing.

http://www.frankiesautoelectrics.co...nd-8-passive-900w-peak-shallow-mount-sub-box/

I have seen those Pioneer subs in the shop but haven't heard what they sound like yet.
Do you know if they are any good? I have been told they kick alright considering their size.

Hey, thanks for your replies everyone.

Andrew, your sub box looks pretty snug.
You wouldn't happen to have the dimensions handy at all?

Tony

Yeah mate, its about as snug as they get. I will try and get some dimensions for you over the weekend.

I mounted my sub against the car instead of the seat with some rubber in between to stop the steel on steel rub... Was worried about hot amp and cotton fibres :)

Guys in the backseat always get a good massage from the sub.. :p

I have a D22 and fitted the attached sub.

Kicker 12" Slimline and thats 400wrms. And made a bracket that I
attached using the headrest bolts for the amp.
It sits on the LH side And deffinately pumps.:rock:

Attachments

• tc10.jpg
    tc10.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 713
Raczy,

So this box does fit in behind the rear seat! I kept on getting told that the bottom would be to wide for the seat to clip back into the upright position.
I couldn't find one to sit in to see if it would actually fit.

Tony

I just picked up one of the Mosfet slimline 8" subs on the weekend, havent had a chance to install it yet. Has anyone had any experience with them before??

hey mate ive got a 12'' kicker sub behind my rear seat, no dramas even got two amps behind there aswell. got a photo sorry bout the quality......

Attachments

• the setup.jpg
    the setup.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 456
I am running an 8" Jaycar Venom sub. When I went to pay the bigger bucks for a Pioneer I was told that many comp guys run Jaycar gear. Cost me around $30 and it goes really well, nice and sharp. Originally had twin 8" subs, but due to kids had to get rid of one.

Boxed it myself, but pretty much what you see on here is how to do it.

Latest posts

Back