Supercheap Ridge Ryder 9500lb Winch??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did these Yotas have lockers? Was it a case of enthusiastic throttle application with an unlocked diff?

The first two were The 80series and it doesnt have lockers, Both times he wasnt doing anything i would say was over the top.

The first time was the cv just started clicking quite severely after climbing out of a relatively small wash out.

The second was on a good hill climb they call "DUSTY's" down at Yalwal, it was the first attempt and he was just crawling up when the back slid sideways and forced

the front against a rut and CRACK!! snapped the axle clean on the outside of the CV inside the stub axle.

The third was in the 60 series (doesnt have lockers) which is meant to have the stronger driveline.

This one was a steep but short climb out of a muddy rocky stepped gully, as soon as he got to the first step the 60 slipped off and dropped back down resting the

corner of the bullbar on the step, as soon as he went to climb back up the CV just exploded. Again he wasnt really flogging it just loaded it up and BANG!!

The best thing about all of this is i had made it up each one before him in the D40!! Now thats really pissing him off more then all the broken bits :rofl2:
Bloody Yotas!!

the crap part about the 80 is that they basically run the exact same diffs and axles as the LN106 lux which is fine in the light weight DC but not in the Heavy as F--k

80, you can however buy all sorts of stronger after market replacements.

Last edited:
Go for it, knock your self out. As i said i have no problem with people cleaning the rope, its entirely up to the individual.

Like ive said before im only debating the point that, YOU HAVE TO WASH IT.

My experience says different and if you look at the pics i put up you can see the inside of my rope that has NOT been washed looks very clean, and the outside is where the damage is and thats NOT form dirt getting into the centre of the rope.

When you can show me a rope that has broken from nothing else other then from NOT washing it then i might start to do it myself, but i doubt you will be able to because all the ropes i have seen all look like mine with fraying fibres on the OUTSIDE from other issues like being dragged across the ground.

Dont take it the wrong way im not saying you dont know what your talking about or anything else derogatory, from my own experience i just dont think it a big deal not to wash the rope, thats all.

No worries Nathan. No offence taken here. Good difference of opinion. Maybe you should start a thread for this topic and we can get some other opinions and ideas.

I believe that the times you must wash your rope is if during your recovery the rope is stepped on or driven over, especially in muddy conditions, while the rope is slack. Obviously that can't occur while the rope is tight under tension. I do not believe you need to wash your rope after every trip if those things have not occurred.

When the rope is slack the fibres are loose, and when driven over or stepped on it allows dirt and sand into the fibres. Which can then cause the damage we have been debating about.

Maybe someone out there has evidence of this causing a break on their rope??

No worries Nathan. No offence taken here. Good difference of opinion. Maybe you should start a thread for this topic and we can get some other opinions and ideas.

Maybe someone out there has evidence of this causing a break on their rope??

here you go mate, thread started, i even added a "poll" :yes4:

I will even add a link, here we go,,, http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=22468

The super cheap Ridge Ryder winch sale finishes on Monday. Has anyone else thought about getting one?

Latest posts

Back