Surging uphill

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fit a lift pump. Will also show if there are any leaks in the system as it will be under pressure instead of suction.

The lift pump and on board compressor sound good but expensive and I am just not willing to waste any more money on this car. The solution is going to have to be a cheap 1 but to be truthfull it wont really matter as a for sale sign is going on it this week.

It wouldn't need to be to powerful all it needs to do is supply the filter when empty. Another question would be is that pump a constant duty pump or could it be used only when needed ie it would need to be a pass through pump.

If you want the budget fix Simsy I've heard of people using outboard primer bulbs fitted before the factory filter to pull fuel up.

One its all running i should stay that way shouldnt it...

Yep it should until you run out of diesel or change the filter in 20,000ks. Unlikely as it is to run out of diesel given that the Navarra gauges are notoriously inaccurate it could happen. Also what if you damage your tank or a fuel line out bush no good fixing the tank if you can't get the fuel back up. Personally having a lift pump for just in case is a bit of overkill but some cheap & easy solution should be available especially for those that like to get of the beaten track.

True except I have to check how much I still owe on it I don't want to sell it for less than the payout figure I have only had it just over 14mths so I might have to wait for the right deal to come along.

Ahh yes.would it be worth running it out of fuel...refill and see how it goes...now you know the fix for it.it might resolve itself.if not go the hand pump

Hey guys, my Navara is doing the same thing! I've replaced SCV, new air filter, new fuel filter, new MAF sensor!!! It will not get out of 3rd gear, 1st and 2nd gear change at about 3000Rpm but 3rd gear pulses and goes into limp mode at around 2000RPM??? This was weather dependant before, like if it's raining its a lot worse! Any ideas?? My next move is EGT sensor then burn burn it at nissan showroom!

Yep it should until you run out of diesel or change the filter in 20,000ks. Unlikely as it is to run out of diesel given that the Navarra gauges are notoriously inaccurate it could happen. Also what if you damage your tank or a fuel line out bush no good fixing the tank if you can't get the fuel back up. Personally having a lift pump for just in case is a bit of overkill but some cheap & easy solution should be available especially for those that like to get of the beaten track.
Try having a chevy diesel. Dad has a patrol with one in, had a mechanic change the fuel filter and then couldn't get it started. Rang the joint that did the conversion originally and they told him you need to tow start it, you can't prime it up by hand at all... good luck with that in the bush... :/

Hey guys, my Navara is doing the same thing! I've replaced SCV, new air filter, new fuel filter, new MAF sensor!!! It will not get out of 3rd gear, 1st and 2nd gear change at about 3000Rpm but 3rd gear pulses and goes into limp mode at around 2000RPM??? This was weather dependant before, like if it's raining its a lot worse! Any ideas?? My next move is EGT sensor then burn burn it at nissan showroom!

I would bet your problem is caused by a faulty Neutral Position sensor (NPS) Your cruise control probably doesn't work either?

Back