Suspension on the Redline Nav

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrootStik

Reaction score
Hey guys
So when I bought my ST Navara it had the suspension that they use on the Redline series on it. I'm not to mechanically minded but I'm not sure what gear they use either.
It also looks bigger than a 2 inch lift, but in sure it's not.
My car is only 18 months old and done 8000km. But I'm not sure on the quality of the gear they have used, or whether I should upgrade my suspension from the already upgraded suspension?
If I did upgrade I was wondering if I would get away with just the shock absorbers or would it have to be a full strip of suspension.
Any help or info on this would be great.
Thanks

8 000 kays in 18 months, couldn't be anything wrong with the suspension mate. It's just sleeping from not being used.

No, whats really wrong with it now? Does it not ride well ?

More so wouldn't mind finding out what gear they used in it mate, so I have a better idea. I'm not home at the moment, I'm away at work. I'm setting the rig up for touring Australia next year, so want reliable and good gear

Couple things I'd consider. What sort of weight the setup you have is rated to. And also what you plan on carrying. Try think big picture ( obviously )
You could get raised suspension that is only good for light loads in such if it's loaded itll sag down and ride close to the bump stops. Other way if you go 500kg constant load springs and down have any weight in there it'll ride very stiff.
Not the best person to ask but by counting the leaves in the rear you'll have a decent idea or be able to find out easier.
If your setup is standard but lifted you may be able to change only the leaves?

These are the shocks. The only bit of info I can get. Not sure on the quality? [ ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445598093.469063.jpgATTACH]21072[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445598083.079627.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445598083.079627.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 130
Hey mate I had a TJM 40mm kit fitted to my 550 and saw the redline in the dealers on the way home as I picked up a spare oil filter. From memory they both sat at the same height, the redline just seemed a bit lighter than my MEDIUM DUTY rear leaf...IMO
Happy with the TJM kit and fully loaded+boat+4 it sits well.

And never heard of the other mob...

So as I have the suspension from the redline, with these unknown shock absorbers and planning some big trips. Should I change the shock absorbers to better ones or would that mean changing the whole suspension also?
I'm not to mechanically minded guys, so not to sure what is involved.

How long is the first trip you are planning? If it isn't a big one, I'd be inclined to see how they go. If they are crap, then change them before the next one, otherwise just keep an eye on them. A quick google search reveals a single post on the 4wd action forum, claiming the specs are very similar to iron man (for the foam cell shockies anyway). Being made in china, there's are very good chance they are sold under many different brands, just painted a different colour.

If you really want to change them, have a read through the forum, as well as the vendors section as there are a few different options for d40s, including coil overs for the front end..

CNSA is Chuannan shock absorbers and Chuannan is in China if that tells you anything which isn't much LOL

Attachments

• CNSA.JPG
    CNSA.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 45
Would it be just a case of changing the shocks bud? I tried to find info on these mate. Had no luck apart from their site which gave me nothing.
Yeah, just changing shockies would be the go if the springs aren't that old. Problem with the front end is, unless you have a pretty heavy duty set of spring compressors it is better to have the shock and strut assembled to just bolt in apparently. So you'd either have to get new springs too, or remove yours and take them somewhere to have them changed over.

If you send zordo a pm, he is the resident suspension expert, he should be able to tell you if they are any good or not...

Latest posts

Back