Suspension !

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George k

Reaction score
Hey guys I've been reading up alot on suspension upgrades and lift kits , and what u guys are running in ur navs etc ... And I still can't come to a conclusion on what suspension I should go for .. Does it come down to personal preference .? price ? I have a 2012 Nissan navara d22 str . Best car I've ever bought ! Am looking to change the suspension not any time soon maybe in 6-12 months but wen I have the cash I wanna knw exactly wat I wanna get etc . I want a 3" lift kit 100% that I knw . But I need advise I want good suspension n don't wanna shitloads for it . Still wanna stay within a budget please help !

hey mate,look on the pure nissan site.its from the US so it will cost couple hundred to post but the kit itself is just under 1000 and they have great service.saves you almost 2k!!
its calmini gear.
as for what suspension to go with almost all off it is personal prefrence how you want your ute to ride and what you can afford.
obvisouly there are brands to stay clear off

Ye I've been looking at that kit it's looks pretty awesome . What brands should I stay away from .?

ive only had a few brands,the only one i can say from my experience is dont go with OME, there are others that people have had issues with however you have to remember when someone bad mouth a brand that they might not know what there talking about ie putting in 150kg leaf springs on a ute with a steel tray then saying that brand is crap but actually they just didnt buy the correct product.thats why ill only say something is crap if ive actually used it before and not just been told by a mate.
in regards to the calmini 3" kit you cant go wrong if your going for 3" most of the 3" kits in aus is there kit restamped anyway and there up around the 3k mark
as for me i was originally going to get a 3" kit but couldnt be bothered with all the legal crap here in QLD at the time,but i have replaced my rear springs with tough dog 300kg-GVM and love them and will be putting adjustable tough dog shocks in soon.also have the calmini UCAs.

hey ledgend, my two cents worth.. I ended up going the 2" old man emu lift on my 06 str.. to be honest i didnt really do a hell alot of research.. rolled into nissan wanting a lift and this was suggested to me. how ever they asked for my details ect regarding if i had a canopy, weather or not a had a winch.. bull bar, type of driving i was to be doing.. i am happy with the kit but have heard alot of people arent.. living in a small country town probably helped with not been screwed around. the kit hasnt failed me yet, i have the heavier rated leaf springs in the rear with my drawer storage set up and an extra 50 odd ltrs of fuel storage also and it hasnt sagged yet. with my 265/75's rubbers it gives a good bit of clearance and has gotten me everywhere ive needed to go. pulled up along side a nav with everything stock and you have quiet a noticeable higher rig.. a mate of mine went all out with a snake racing 3 inch kit, upper control arms and the lot.. better clearance and looks mint but after swapping for a few hours on the tracks it rides like shit. not sure if its because it was only intalled a few weeks ago or what but it was rough.. id much prefer my 2 inch ome over his.. but each to their own.. hope this helps you out..

Cheers stremd22.

Hey guys I've been reading up alot on suspension upgrades and lift kits , and what u guys are running in ur navs etc ... And I still can't come to a conclusion on what suspension I should go for .. Does it come down to personal preference .? price ? I have a 2012 Nissan navara d22 str . Best car I've ever bought ! Am looking to change the suspension not any time soon maybe in 6-12 months but wen I have the cash I wanna knw exactly wat I wanna get etc . I want a 3" lift kit 100% that I knw . But I need advise I want good suspension n don't wanna shitloads for it . Still wanna stay within a budget please help !

knowledge can be a burden........ not that i would know about that..

You will always get 500 different opinions on whats best, so i think it comes down to personal preference and budget.

the calmini kit is good, the only problem is to get the 3" in the rear they use a 2" lift block and a 2" extended shackle, both of which are illegal. you can get proper 3" lifted springs but they are quite a bit more expensive than just going with a 2" lift and the calmini uca's to give a better front end ride

the calmini kit is good, the only problem is to get the 3" in the rear they use a 2" lift block and a 2" extended shackle, both of which are illegal. you can get proper 3" lifted springs but they are quite a bit more expensive than just going with a 2" lift and the calmini uca's to give a better front end ride

Shackles are illegal, but BLOCKS are legal and from what i have seen on some slow motion video footage blocks give allot less axle wrap then shackles.
Personally i would def go the lifted springs.

2 inch lifted springs will be all you need.

lift it up 2 inchs at the front, fit the calmini uca's so you get a bit of extra down travel and it should be good.

if you get 3in leaf springs it will probably sit too high in the rear, and if you wind the front up to match you'll end up with no down travel even with the uca's as your extra down travel will be taken up by the increased ride height.

Latest posts

Back