Swap Alloy bar with Steel.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elvis

Reaction score
Hey there guys.
I have picked up a second hand steel bar to swap with my alloy one. Do I need different brackets?. I have done a search can't find anything on this.

cheers.

Last edited:
Which model?

I'm pretty sure they have different brackets for the alloy and steel bars, if it is genuine nissan you may be able to get suitable ones from arb I believe. ...

Cool thanks mate. Its a 2008 d22 with alloy bar on. I'm not sure about the steel one.

Can you throw a pic of it up? That will help identify if it is the factory one or an aftermarket one

Can you throw a pic of it up? That will help identify if it is the factory one or an aftermarket one

Yep factory steel bar. Here are some pics

Attachments

• 20141018_122253.jpg
    20141018_122253.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 20141018_122335.jpg
    20141018_122335.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 68
Looking at that pic of the steely it has the brackets on already, those L shaped bits...

Bang her on, you're good to go

Just use the bolts from the old one

Just undo the 4 bolts (2 each side) at the front of the chassis, just above your shackle and the ones under the body mount.

The steel one will bolt back in the same spot

Will I have to raise the bar on the L shaped brackets for the 2" body lift.

Cheers for your help bods.

Yep... you'll have to redrill holes for the mounts, the end that's bolted to the bullbar... then bang it on...

The L shaped brackets on the steel bar, are flimsy compared to the ones holding on the alloy bar. Seems weird you would think it would be the other way around.

Latest posts

Back