Sydney Sign Up

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wade193

Reaction score
Hello Brains Trust,
I've been lurking for a while and researching the D40.
Hopefully in the next few weeks I will acquire myself one and be able to tell people I drive a truck :)

Wade

Welcome to the forums Wade.

As you've seen in your lurking there is heaps of information here, hopefully some of it is helpful.

KraftyPg said:
Where as reading and learning will lead you to an informed choice and you'll get a D40 :ha:

Accessories and option-wise, yes. Longevity and issue-wise. No :)

I have had 3 pathfinders and a d40 in here this week all with issues. Can't handle a dpchip. And need commonrails.
I do love them. But I guess I see all the bad stuff everyday. But honestly never have d22's with massive issues.

Not much to go wrong with a elastic band and four wheels, when they do come in you just wind them back up and sling shot them on their way!

While the D22-D40 banter is mildly amusing, the real differences are in the wheelbase, suspension quality and required coins.

Seriously, if the D40 had the shorter wheelbase of the D22 there'd be no competition between the two. That's the D40's downfall - its longer wheelbase gives it a much poorer ramp-over which hangs the vehicle up on obstacles. Other than that, the D40 is smoother, more powerful, more stable on the highway and much MUCH more comfortable to drive over long distances.

Both D22 and D40 share the same awfully dull candles up front (Nissan call 'em headlights, they hardly rate better than nightlights). They both have bloody drum brakes up the back for God's sake this is 2011 not 1911. Both can haul 3T although you really need to chip the D22 with a DECENT chip to get enough ponies up front to do it nicely.

On the subject of chips, DP, Steinbauer etc are just fuel rail pressure boosters, nothing more. If you are serious about chipping your vehicle so that it gets decent performance, speak to Robert @ ChipIt.

Old.Tony said:
On the subject of chips, DP, Steinbauer etc are just fuel rail pressure boosters, nothing more. If you are serious about chipping your vehicle so that it gets decent performance, speak to Robert @ ChipIt.

THANK YOU!!! well said. Explain this to
My customer haha. But yes. The D40 is an
Awesome compromise for a 4wd/work ute/weekend cruiser. It's Comfy and does what you want off road.
I'm bias because I love my 22

Welcome and enjoy.

Welcome Wade D40, D22 both are better than a Prado...

Yeah, They are better then any Toyota!!

While the D22-D40 banter is mildly amusing, the real differences are in the wheelbase, suspension quality and required coins.

Seriously, if the D40 had the shorter wheelbase of the D22 there'd be no competition between the two. That's the D40's downfall - its longer wheelbase gives it a much poorer ramp-over which hangs the vehicle up on obstacles. Other than that, the D40 is smoother, more powerful, more stable on the highway and much MUCH more comfortable to drive over long distances.

Both D22 and D40 share the same awfully dull candles up front (Nissan call 'em headlights, they hardly rate better than nightlights). They both have bloody drum brakes up the back for God's sake this is 2011 not 1911. Both can haul 3T although you really need to chip the D22 with a DECENT chip to get enough ponies up front to do it nicely.

Well said..

Latest posts

Back