taking navara to Paul at YD25

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulschuit81

Reaction score
I am taking the truck to paul from yd25.com to have him take a look at my timing chain for peace of mind, the truck isn't making any nasty sounds but it has done 122000 ks . has anyone had a inspection done by Paul on timing chain ? from what I have read he is the man to go see for timing chain and clutch upgrades . fingers crossed it is all good as I am not that keen on spending 3k to replace it

$2500-3000k to replace it is cheaper than the alternative mate.

My mechanic was telling me he was looking after 3 fleet vehicles that got passed on to the business owners sons and they slacked off on the maintenance once passed on at about 100K km mark, all yd25's, they had about 130, 160 & 180km on them. The one at 160km's had a timing chain let go, everything destroyed (as in neither the top end nor the bottom end was salvagable), ended up spending about $17k on a new motor, i'm assuming that was the total bill for the in/out replacement plus the price from Nissan.

Between this issue, the price of the injectors to replace and weak clutches i couldn't bring myself to buy a YD25 vehicle myself. Opted for the D22 3Ltr instead, at the cost of horrible torsion bar suspension!

I'm not trying to bag the YD25 here, just tryna help you feel justified in the repairs/inspection

I've spoken to him, very knowledgeable man. Had a problem squeak turned out to be a damaged dust shield on an idler being id replaced while on the cans!
Wish I had have known about him before I did my clutch upgrade, not saying my npc was a bad choice, just that his may have been better?
From my understanding look no further for yd25 timing chain supply / help!

Took mine in for an inspection about 12 months ago. Very knowledgeable and thorough. Took it back a few weeks back and had it done for my peace of mind as I plan to keep it for a long time. Much dearer on the d22 but better to do it properly.

Latest posts

Back