Tape Removal Help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamosa

Reaction score
Hey all,
I recently took of my canopy for good, and ive been havin trouble removing all the foam tape that sealed between the canopy and the tub. Anyone got any sujestions on how to got it off without doin damage to the paint.
Cheers

Try some cooking oil on a rag, I have found it breaks down some oil based glue's without damaging paint. If that doesn't work try prepwash/ prepsol / wax & grease remover but take care as too much rubbing with this will gradually wear away at the paint but can be used to remove glue.

Try some cooking oil on a rag, I have found it breaks down some oil based glue's without damaging paint. If that doesn't work try prepwash/ prepsol / wax & grease remover but take care as too much rubbing with this will gradually wear away at the paint but can be used to remove glue.

Thanx mate, appreciate it. ill give it ago tomorrow

If you can get you hands on bostic wipes. They would most defiantly help!
A touch costly, but in sure you'll burn through them in the shed in no time

Go to any car shop and get some Prepsol (wax and grease remover) wont damage anything but the glue. Soak it into a rag and place it on the surface you ant to remove for a couple a mins then wipe off. Usually have a few rags on the go to speed up the process.

If you can get hold of one... a heat gun will soften the glue. Don't leave too long on one spot. Hair dryer (from D40 owner?) works too!

Alan

Thanx for all your replys
I end up using that Prepsol grease and wax remover which worked quite well.

Latest posts

Back