That stupid interior trim....

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b2tf

Reaction score
Has anybody successfully matched or replaced the silver trim found around the window switches and on the steering wheel? It seems to go to s**t very easily and I'm considering pulling it out and repainting or coating it. Just wondering if anybody has done something similar and might have some ideas of what to use.

Someone already did that to the steering wheel. Can't remember if it was in it's own thread or one of the many steering wheel control rants threads.

Here in the UK and Ireland we usually take it back to the dealers and try to get a replacement under warranty, and if that fails we just wrap it in carbon fibre wrap that you can get in rolls of ebay. looks really nice if done right.

Have done the 3M carbon wrap on wheel & doors. Looks great & hasn't worn at all in the 18 months it has been on. Noticed Autobarn have the stuff for sale in convenient rolls now.
Check my garage for pics.

I have had mine replace twice under warranty ! Gotta love the great quality !

Yep me too. Last time the dealer had to get the OK from Nissan as apparently in the extended warranty period they view trim issues as fair wear and tear. The dealer took some pics, photocopied my service record and sent it off to Nissan. Only took a couple of days to get the approval but I'm thinking the convoluted approval process would've added a $100 to the overall cost.

Cut the sides and used flap to fold into bottom then cut 2 pieces to go on sides. Pattern seemed to match well so joins very hard to see. Quick blow with heat gun to get edges smooth and job done. All switches the same so after first I had a template to follow. Easy as.

Back