The new van nearly killed the Nav

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filobz

Reaction score
Sad days. Bought a new van at Christmas, 2.5t empty & was quietly confident we could tow it easily enough with the manual D40.
Took it to Bendigo from Geelong & apart from a little extra revs on take off, not too bad.
Decided to to off to Halls Gap at Easter. A few hills & 2000+ RPM take offs & I was waiting for the big bang. We had extra fuel & water as we wanted to replicate a bit of our "Big" trip we thought we would take in May.
Since all this, I have had a health issue & my wife may have to do the bulk of the driving. So back to the Nissan Dealer (I still like Nissans??).
Ended up buying a 2011 plated Pathfinder TI550 for less than the new D40, go figure (sorry about that guys, but I will still hang around this great forum).
I have attached a few photos of the Pathfinder & the offending van.
Cheers, Phil

Attachments

• P4242194.jpg
    P4242194.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 195
  • P4242195.jpg
    P4242195.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 233
  • P4242193.jpg
    P4242193.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 200
That's ok we can accept Navara hatchback drivers here as well as the real thing :sarcastic:

Mine will tow that much too....but sssshhh don't tell anyone.

Atleast you didn't buy a Toyota.

Essentially they are the same to the B pillar but the 550 has the V6 his old D40 wouldn't have had.

I'm actually trying to talk the wife into selling her 2010 Commodore wagon and buying a Pathfinder at the moment. Nearly there!.

Glad I bought an auto! Nice van, glad to see they moved the HWS closer to the kitchen. Usually they're stuck up the front, and you waste all the contents of the pipe between the HWS and the tap before getting the hot water.

I see they tied the water tanks together - or do you have a separate tank filled from elsewhere for drinking water?

Hi Tony,
Yes the tanks are tied together. And, yes I should have bought the auto Navara. Still with that little bit more capacity & the 7 speed transmission, I think it will be a lot easier for my wife to handle if the medico's stop me driving.
I have just finished a course of radiation on my brain & have not had any side effects, so here's hoping.
Cheers, Phil

Looks good mate. Love the look of black cars, till you drive it out of the yard and some prick bangs there car door into it or a stray trolly gives it a scrape.

Latest posts

Back