The phantom squeak

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I put silicon spray on mine just to be sure .
Will fnd out tomorrow how well I did
off to the track again so lots of bumps and dust on the infield so it will be the true test but so far so good

Fella at work has a phantom squeak also in his D40. Has tried lubricating hinges and rubbers and have pointed him towards the accelerator pedal fix in another thread but none of this has worked. I am only steering him as I have enough problems resolving my own issues with the 22. I'll aim him towards the stoppers now.
Needless to say I haven't been too helpful by throwing shiny new washers and nuts into his drivers side footwell for the last few weeks. Keeps me amused to see him upside down under the dash and the Nissan dealer busy looking for where they come from.

Needless to say I haven't been too helpful by throwing shiny new washers and nuts into his drivers side footwell for the last few weeks. Keeps me amused to see him upside down under the dash and the Nissan dealer busy looking for where they come from.

Maybe all your troubles aren't Nissan related, maybe he's been paying you the same kind of courtesy only he's a bit more savage and wants your wheels to fall off. I'll expect to see you guys on ACA in the coming weeks battling it out over a friendship gone bad because of practical jokes. When you get on TV put your Navara.asia sticker up for all to see so we know it's you

Hi guys, i had a squeaky D40 for a few weeks,( just recently purchased.)
After reading this post i went and checked my bonnet spacers, Well bugger me the drivers front was a little low, gave it a turn and bingo, no more noise.
Cheers for the post, it at least solved my squeaks :)

If anyone has any problems after tightening the stoppers i also siliconed a small piece of rubber (about 2mm thickness) on the chassis on the spot where the stoppers come to rest once you have closed the bonnet. Now i got no noise at all even off road.

I have also adjusted the rubbers on the bonnet and a bit of electrical tape on the bonnet catch. It has stopped it all together!!

Also I have been complaining to Nissan several times about a rattle, like metal pipes vibrating whilst I am driving on the highway. It doesn't happen all the time, but Nissan said to me that I am labouring the motor and that is why it is vibrating. I said at 2500 rpm at 120km/h it slightly vibrates, you put the accelerator flat to the floor and it vibrates louder and faster. If you put it back a gear it still does the same - and they still had NO answer.

Then another dealer said to me, its the clutch hose that is rubbing on the firewall. They have repositioned it and it has now stopped.

But I still have a light rattle on the higway in that floor area of the firewall / pedal area. When I was going away the other day it was starting to do it again, and I lightly touched the clutch pedal - while I was driving - and the noise went away. It is the spring in the clutch that is the annoying rattle. Damn Nissan mechanics, can't find anything can they? Its been annoying me for 40,000km!!!

3 possibilities

People have mentioned the rubber stoppers. Also the bonnet catch. The third place where squeaks emanate from is where the bonnet strut enters/hinges into the engine bay surround . Same solution .. Dab of grease

I had a tinny rattling noise at 2000rpm for 2 years until I found it was the exhaust heat shields. I tightened up the nuts, moved the upper part away from the firewall and the noise has never come back. I should have worked it out earlier as the noise would stop when the engine warmed up, but I was always convinced that it was in the engine bay, and tried the a/c pipe, brake line adjustments that everyone said was the culprit (I have an auto so no clutch spring)
Roger

1st thing to do is drop a rag over the bonnet latch then close the bonnet on it and go for a cruise because thats where my squeak was and it drove me mad till i found it and its all good now once the bonnett was adjusted properly.

Latest posts

Back