The ranga

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not to loud at all really, in normal driving situations and with the windows up you really dont notice much of a difference in noise.

It has allowed it to rev much quicker from around 2500rpm and up.

When you give it a big stab it does have a bark but im not hearing the turbo like i would of expected, actually my D40 with the stock system and no muffler had a much more noticeable turbo woot on gear changes the bloody thing sounded like an owl or Sharapova on centre court.

what im not that happy with is the sound on idle, its hard to explain but it sounds like air rushing out a big hole in a muffler or something, if i pick up the revs a touch it goes away.

overall for $500 im happy

That "odd" sound on idle is just because of the unusual cylinder arrangement. A 5 cylinder will always fire different to what we are all used too. The exhaust is just making it more prominent.

yeah you could be right, ive also been told its the variable vein turbo Ford are using.
With a remap you can get rid of it but it increases the lag so its more detrimental and not worth it.
i can put up with it, its not that bad.

Nath,

There is a caravan forum member claiming 650nm at the flywheel with the same exhaust and a ecu flash I cannot find the link. The admin have removed it but the sound was as you described.
HJ

Think im going to add a resonator to the system to cut down on the oxy bottle sound at idle.

easier to add a resonator.

spewing i just didnt wait for them to re-post the correct order, there is one on youtube with the same system with a cat and a resonator that sounds great.

I still weighing up if i should just sell this system and grab another full system with a cat and resonator, it would work out cheaper in the end after selling the first one, i will still take a small hit but not as much as adding bits on now.

its looking good Nathan. we have a ranger local to us and it sounds super tough with its straight through system. i thought i was trying to find a skyline or something when he layed off the go pedal but noooooo it was the ranger.

tough truck(how i want one so bad)

rusty

Thanks Rusty, i wonder what system he is running, mine has nothing at all and sounds sweet when your up it but on idle it fair dinkum sounds like an oxy torch especially when its cold.

I think that would just be cruelty to strap it under the car mate, and besides it would probably get burned??

[Q UOTE=nakedape;322216]Best thing to do with them though![/QUOTE]

Agreed. Saw a Ranger the other day with the R taken away and replaced with a D. Was very clever.

Put the winch in today, i was doing it myself and because of the broken back still being on the mend i had to get a tad inventive getting the bar off and back on, hahah check out my make shift A frame lol

I do like how the winch has its own cradle with theses TJM bars makes the install a piss of piss and as its bolted to the chassis very strong and totally independent of the bar wich also allows the control box to be mounted in behind the bar and out of the way, I much prefer it there then in-between the spotties like i had it on my last few utes.

Is the orientation of the winch in these pics, the way you mounted it? Normally you'd mount the winch in a way in which it pulls against the body of the bullbar, mounted this way, you're pulling on the mounting bolts.

Or am I missing something?

Is the orientation of the winch in these pics, the way you mounted it? Normally you'd mount the winch in a way in which it pulls against the body of the bullbar, mounted this way, you're pulling on the mounting bolts.

Or am I missing something?

you are missing something, in most cases all winches are set out to be installed this way, as seen in all USA mounted winches and its why they come with the clutch orientated as they do with the control box mounting brackets they supply with all winches.

when you see how the "cradle" is mounted to the chassis and how the winch bolts to it you would see its no issue at all, if it was everyone with TJM bars for all models from Yotas to Rangers would be in the poo.

Dont forget the rope is coming from the under side not over the top, there just isnt enough leverage over four bolts through 4mm steel to be a problem.

Also look at all the hi mount winches used in winch comps, they are all mounted like this.

Are you aiming for something like this Nathan?!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414478706533.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414478706533.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 78

Latest posts

Back