The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The manual is going to have to be pretty big to handle the torque.

Lets hope they have fixed the clutches.

Dave.

Ok then how about the V6 diesel goes in the new Pulsar when they bring that back?

They are taking orders for May now? I thought people were saying Jan/Feb. I reckon anyone who signs on the line now for a car that far in advance is stupid but that's just me.

Hi to everyone. I also have ordered a 550, $65000 driveaway, They reckon here in lonny tassie. Of course i added a nudge bar, drive lights and towbar in that price.

As for the luxury car tax i was told that it didn't apply to ute's so i got out of that one. and they expect it'll be here for delivery either later January or early february, next week would be better :)

Just thought i'd put my 2 bobs worth in.

Cheers to all..

Last edited:
St-x 550 available?

Any info on the availability of the new model, have been chasing the local dealers in my area (hunter valley nsw) but they have no information or brochures.
Am almost convinced to order one but cannot seem to find more about them.

Last edited:
I thought all dealers were talking big about the new toy. Two of my closest dealers have sent me emails and snail mail suggesting if I want to upgrade come and see them for great new deals on the 550.

Some dealers might be playing it a little safe just incase the official release is held off from the Jan/Feb dates they have announced but I'd have thought by now that all dealers would be able to provide you with at the very least some verbal information. (as opposed to their usual verbal diarrhoea)

my local dealer is saying that Jan/Feb delivery is impossible - they reckon it will be more like May.

@Worm

65k sounds suspiciously like a price WITHOUT all the extras (stamp duty, LCT etc.) on it as the $4k is about what the extras you listed there add up to. Unless you qualify for the ABN discount or something else you have neglected to mention?

oh, and luxury car tax applies to utes, so your dealer is an idiot.

Last edited:
dads v8 landcruiser managed to be exempt from the luxury car tax, how?

instead of the car being say 60K from factory, they sell the car itself for 52K and then add all the options on (aircon, bullbar, side steps, tray, rah rah rah) which then came to 65K or so (also got the ABN discount), and yes aircon actually still is an option these days.

i dont know how they will do it with the new navaras, but if they copy toyota like that then the luxury car tax can be void.

did a bit of research and found out why it was exempt, never trust what the dealer says ahah

What cars are not subject to LCT?

You do not have to pay LCT on a car with a value above the LCT threshold if it is any of the following:

* manufactured in Australia more than two years before the supply
* imported and it was entered for home consumption more than two years before the supply
* an emergency vehicle (refer to Emergency vehicles)
* not GST-free and is specifically fitted out for transporting people with a disability who are seated in wheelchairs (see Cars for people with a disability)
* is a motor home or campervan
* is a commercial vehicle.

also found this other definition...

if it is a commercial vehicle that is not designed for the principal purpose of carrying passengers.

being a tray back work ute its clearly not a car designed for carrying mainly passengers, however a dual cab stx i wouldnt call a proper work ute since you sacrifice load carrying ability and carrying room for the ability to fit more passengers.

Last edited:
if it is a commercial vehicle that is not designed for the principal purpose of carrying passengers.

being a tray back work ute its clearly not a car designed for carrying mainly passengers, however a dual cab stx i wouldnt call a proper work ute since you sacrifice load carrying ability and carrying room for the ability to fit more passengers.

They mean buses and tour vehicles. Dual cab ute is still in the NA category, so exempt.

The ATO doc on it says

In some circumstances you can quote your ABN (using an approved format) at the time you purchase or import a luxury car. By doing this, you can defer payment of LCT until the car is sold or imported at the retail level.

but I can honestly say I'm not entirely sure what that means??? It does mention something about it always being payable by the seller, not the buyer, but I guess dealers will always then pass that cost through to the buyer...

I know with mine as soon as I went over the ~57.5k mark it started adding in.

They mean buses and tour vehicles. Dual cab ute is still in the NA category, so exempt.

The term ‘car’ does not include:

* trucks and vans designed to carry a load of more than two tonnes
* vehicles, such as buses, designed to carry nine or more passengers
* motorcycles or similar vehicles
* racing and rally cars that are not road vehicles and cannot be registered for use on public roads in any country in the world. These racing or rally cars are designed for use only on rally or racing circuits.

oh, and this is an important point for dual cabs...

For LCT purposes, if the total passenger weight is more than 50% of the remaining goods capacity of the vehicle, the principal purpose of the vehicle is to carry passengers.

so who wants to do some maths? haha

Depends on who the passengers are?? I would love to see that conversation between my missus and the ato... "your telling me that 5 x ME is MORE than 1/2 a TON!!!!" Lol

oh, and this is an important point for dual cabs...

For LCT purposes, if the total passenger weight is more than 50% of the remaining goods capacity of the vehicle, the principal purpose of the vehicle is to carry passengers.

so who wants to do some maths? haha

It's 80kg per person.

That definition is the same as the ADR definition for NA category vehicles. Navaras are all NA category.

Navaras are all NA category.

None of this makes a difference to me but I seem to remember Dion saying this in a few different threads over the past 12 months I just wanted to highlight it to help his cause.

LCT - V6 Arrival

When I placed an order for the v6 Diesel Nissan had told me I wont be able to get out of the LCT.

So we ordered it without any options (tow baw, lights etc), and we'll fit those after delivery to keep the LCT down as low as possible.

Nissan Wyong told us the first shipment is due to arrive at the docks on the 4 of Jan. Dunno how long it would take from there.

Chris

When I placed an order for the v6 Diesel Nissan had told me I wont be able to get out of the LCT.

So we ordered it without any options (tow baw, lights etc), and we'll fit those after delivery to keep the LCT down as low as possible.

Nissan Wyong told us the first shipment is due to arrive at the docks on the 4 of Jan. Dunno how long it would take from there.

Chris

That's about the only way to get around some of the LCT. I have heard of dealers letting cars go one day and having them come back the day after to have the parts fitted because then the car wasn't delivered with the extras. It's just another one of those places where some dealers will bend the rules to make a sale, while not totally illegal if done right these are the sorts of dealers who might also be willing to bend other rules to get a sale.

Dock time depends on a lot of things and Nissan aren't beyond having things held up on the docks because of customs but I'd expect 2 weeks maximum to the dealer then a few days to wash it and prep it.

Latest posts

Back