The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi when i got my 1000k service they told me 10000k service was a set price of $290 .I'm towing my two tonne van at the moment and getting 13.2 lit per hundred ks That's great for me .that's 176ks more per tank than the 2.5 d40 auto,also I can drive with the cruse control on no kicking back on the small
Hills , truly a fantastic ute for towing with TREEMAN

ps funny how they can get away with 20000k services overseas and we have to pay for 10000k services do you think we are getting riped off

Howdy treeman, i'm getting on average around 10.8 litre per hundred which i'm fairly happy with consider i've been bombing around the farm here with mine. hey i know i shouldn't be using it around the old farm, but that what i bought it for 50 % work and 50% play and couldnt be happier with the fuel at the mo, it leaves the old series 1 for dead.

As for the service well what can you say we get ripped off here in Aussie all the time, i was looking at a machine for the farm here today which i need cost's around $10,000 in the uk and here they're up round $30,000 for the same thing. Must cost a lot in freight eh!

Well i may of digressed a bit there but all in all, so far my 550 i'm fairly pleased with.

Cheers,
Worm..

Hi when i got my 1000k service they told me 10000k service was a set price of $290 .I'm towing my two tonne van at the moment and getting 13.2 lit per hundred ks That's great for me .that's 176ks more per tank than the 2.5 d40 auto,also I can drive with the cruse control on no kicking back on the small
Hills , truly a fantastic ute for towing with TREEMAN

treeman do you have a 12v anderson plug running to your van to charge the battery if so how is it wired up through a isolator or dc-dc charger?
cheers hunter

treeman do you have a 12v anderson plug running to your van to charge the battery if so how is it wired up through a isolator or dc-dc charger?
cheers hunter

Hi Hunter yep I use my 550 for a farm ute, that's what there made for ,but sure is good to tow with, I wired my anderson plug via a red ark solenoid just prevents accidents like flat main battery Have you fitted a bull bar yet? I took mine off the old 07 d40 ,doesn't look like its going to fit this new one. might have it up for sale if anyone's interested. Treeman

Hi Hunter yep I use my 550 for a farm ute, that's what there made for ,but sure is good to tow with, I wired my anderson plug via a red ark solenoid just prevents accidents like flat main battery Have you fitted a bull bar yet? I took mine off the old 07 d40 ,doesn't look like its going to fit this new one. might have it up for sale if anyone's interested. Treeman

Mate can you post some pics of the wiring and is it straight through to the towbar or do you have a dual bat setup? also when you got the van on dose the arse of the ute sag much?
hunter

Mate can you post some pics of the wiring and is it straight through to the towbar or do you have a dual bat setup? also when you got the van on dose the arse of the ute sag much?
hunter

Hi hunter get a set of air bags ,you can lift the ute to suit the van. got mine from a bloke advertising on ebay think his down at Wollongong, get the black ones the orange ones are rubbish, Ive had mine on the old D40 and have had no trouble easy to install just stick a extra jack under the tow bar to lift the ute body they slide in easy. also buy a set of new ubolts the ones that come are to short ,there not expensive and you can get two nuts one I wired the anderson plug direct ,I have not put the extra battery in yet. got the van running on solar panels cant send any pics on the road at the moment treeman

Hi hunter get a set of air bags ,you can lift the ute to suit the van. got mine from a bloke advertising on ebay think his down at Wollongong, get the black ones the orange ones are rubbish, Ive had mine on the old D40 and have had no trouble easy to install just stick a extra jack under the tow bar to lift the ute body they slide in easy. also buy a set of new ubolts the ones that come are to short ,there not expensive and you can get two nuts one I wired the anderson plug direct ,I have not put the extra battery in yet. got the van running on solar panels cant send any pics on the road at the moment treeman

Thanks mate,
I assume that the alternator dose not drop voltage and the redarc is up for the job? also what size cable did you run ?
hunter

Hi All
Has anyone tried the 4WD yet? I went for a run just on a dirt road and I thought I would try it out, I put it in HI4, the little lights blinked and kept blinking so stop the car then they stopped blinking I tried it a couple of times same thing not engaging on the move also tried LO4 lights keep blinking then 4WD light come on shut car down put back into 2WD then tried LO4 again same thing but alarm come on with ATP light shut car down again , will read book again and maybe a trip to NISSAN, but anyone want to throw any clues as this is my first eletronic 4X4 all others had the stick.
hunter

A colleague at work has had his delivered - after some 'friendly' discussions with one dealer and getting his deposit back and going to another.

Black. Bloody nice looking rig - almost too nice to run through some Vic high country tracks. I am amazed at how quiet the motor is. Going for a drive after lunch. He is stoked about the power and believes it will tow his boat better than his Prado ever did.

He was lucky enough to get personalised plates - STX.55

UPDATE: Took it for a drive - only on sealed roads. Very nice. I thought 1 & 2 were a bit short but it's a matter of getting used to it - plus I was giving it a bit 'cause he told me too. Climbed hills well. If I had a spare 60k I'd buy one (cause if I could afford 60k for a ute I reckon I could afford to get an LSD or locker!)

Last edited:
My local dealer told me today that the existing Y61 Patrol (GU) is rumoured to come out with the new 3.0CRD in 2012. It will run alongside the new petrol V8 Y62 Patrol.

Hi All
Has anyone tried the 4WD yet? I went for a run just on a dirt road and I thought I would try it out, I put it in HI4, the little lights blinked and kept blinking so stop the car then they stopped blinking I tried it a couple of times same thing not engaging on the move also tried LO4 lights keep blinking then 4WD light come on shut car down put back into 2WD then tried LO4 again same thing but alarm come on with ATP light shut car down again , will read book again and maybe a trip to NISSAN, but anyone want to throw any clues as this is my first eletronic 4X4 all others had the stick.
hunter

All fixed, took into nissan today and they run the scan tool on and it & logged a faulty weight sensor, still waiting for the new arm for the central lock on the torno,

Iam starting to set up dual batteries so has anyone had anything to do with the Projector 100amp isolator- Repco have the kit for $179. also where's the best place to mount behind wheel arch or on top, iam using a Ritar 100am/h AGM.

Is it still ok to use this post or should we start another for the 550 mods?
Cheers hunter

All fixed, took into nissan today and they run the scan tool on and it & logged a faulty weight sensor, still waiting for the new arm for the central lock on the torno,

Iam starting to set up dual batteries so has anyone had anything to do with the Projector 100amp isolator- Repco have the kit for $179. also where's the best place to mount behind wheel arch or on top, iam using a Ritar 100am/h AGM.

Is it still ok to use this post or should we start another for the 550 mods?
Cheers hunter

Hi hunter,
Also waiting on arm for tonnaue lock. Did they give any idea when due?
Did they reset your service schedule after 1000k service?

Towed van the other day 2200 kg and did not even know it wqas behind. Auto was extremley smooth. Economy seemed good, was reading 10.1 k's to 100, but only did about 90 kilometres. Heading away this weekend for a 400 k trip so will get a better idea.

Hi mate
None of your old D40 bars will fit the 550

ARB have told me that we probably wont see anything from them till about July...

cheers

Not unless they were planning for the V6 in the facelift. All ST-X Navaras and all pathfinder models have the longer nose, V6 or otherwise.

Hi hunter,
Also waiting on arm for tonnaue lock. Did they give any idea when due?
Did they reset your service schedule after 1000k service?

Towed van the other day 2200 kg and did not even know it wqas behind. Auto was extremley smooth. Economy seemed good, was reading 10.1 k's to 100, but only did about 90 kilometres. Heading away this weekend for a 400 k trip so will get a better idea.

ekka
No they didn't give a time frame they said that it has to come from the supplier of the accessories,

Went for a run from Rockhamton to Innisfail for easter best fuel was between rocky to townsville (old scale 32mpg) although the computor was reading 9.9 - 9.8 lt/100 when I filled up in townsville it took 62.46 lts - 714km that is from the speedo if I go off the gps it was 725km there is about 16m per 1km difference and speedo reading 106kmh / gps 100kmh, worst 11.4lt/100, now clocked up 4600km
hunter

Hunter
That's good fuel economy. If you take the distance recorded by your GPS (725) with the fuel used (62.46 Ltr) you got 8.61 LPHK. I noticed the same with mine, what the computer is saying is higher than the actual and the difference is about 1 LPHK.
It will be interesting to see what economy Ekka reports after towing the van over Easter.

Doug

Clocked up around 450k over easter with van on, 2400kg. fuel consumption slowly rose was on 10.5 when we left and 11.4 after return. Towed like a dream sat on 95k all the way to Forster and cruised over the buladelah hill in 5th gear doing 90k at the top. Very happy.

Now looking for some new sidesteps and wheels. Anyone have the Integra steps
and the Advanti Trax rims?

Anyone know how the 550 tows in comparision to the Landcruiser 4.5L? The 550 certainly sounds more economical...

Clocked up around 450k over easter with van on, 2400kg. fuel consumption slowly rose was on 10.5 when we left and 11.4 after return. Towed like a dream sat on 95k all the way to Forster and cruised over the buladelah hill in 5th gear doing 90k at the top. Very happy.

Now looking for some new sidesteps and wheels. Anyone have the Integra steps
and the Advanti Trax rims?

ekka did you tow in fith gear all the time or only over the buladelah hill ?
hoping mine will get good fuel when towing my 17.6" coromal seka XC offroad poptop, I use to get a 20lt per 100km in my 2003 3lt auto patrol that was towing in 3rd gear lockup at 97km at 3000rpm. It's going in tomorrow to get brake controller & dual batteries fitted - Dual battery is a ritar agm100amh (29kg) will be fitted in the back tub back of wheel arch see how it go's I may shift it to on top of the wheel arch later on if it sposes a problem and I have clamped my fridge slide for the 35lt arb fridge to the tie down channel.

Forgot to mention there is a White One sitting in the car yards in Nissan Innisfail
hunter

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back