thermocouple into the manifold/exhaust

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomski

Reaction score
hi
it has properly been asked before but i cant find enough information about d22 YD25 where to fit the pyrometer thermocouple into the manifold/exhaust
some help & pictures would be nice
got the gauge just don't know where the best place to put it ( thermocouple )

thanks guys

hey mate, i was just looking in my mates 2.5 yesterday trying to work out where to put his in. we where thinking that he still needs to block off his egr, so when he does that maybe we could take off the egr pipe that comes off the manifold, blank it and put the fitting into there. He was going to jump onto the forum last night to search if anyone else has tried this. I did a similar thing on my zd30, blocked the egr at the manifold and put my thermocouple in there.

hey mate, i was just looking in my mates 2.5 yesterday trying to work out where to put his in. we where thinking that he still needs to block off his egr, so when he does that maybe we could take off the egr pipe that comes off the manifold, blank it and put the fitting into there. He was going to jump onto the forum last night to search if anyone else has tried this. I did a similar thing on my zd30, blocked the egr at the manifold and put my thermocouple in there.

Interesting but still under warranty I have the egr blocked but I don't think I will do it like that but idea was good

Hi Fella's

My egt probe is in the manifold before the turbo.I just drilled and taped the hole to suit the tread of the probe in the manifold.

Shane

hi have you got a picture ? Where to do it.
a bit worried about metal bits falling into the turbo section I just don't know about the turbo setup I can drill & tap ok just did not think the wall in the manifold was thick enough to get a thread into it
Thanks for your info

Latest posts

Back