thinking of selling a d22 for the d40?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For everyone who put their hand up for a live axle truck, check how yr mrs is with car sickness first, they all roll about something chronic.
Fast paced touring (I don't mean racing, just getting about) your best off with a nice IFS setup, I love my D40, with better suspension & tyres they are a top truck, have had two now, only other dual cab i'd consider would be the new Ranger (looked at hilux but the interior is shit, mrs didn't want a bar of it)

justdrinkbeer said:
only other dual cab i'd consider would be the new Ranger (looked at hilux but the interior is shit, mrs didn't want a bar of it)

I'd be looking long and hard before laying down any money on a ranger or a bravo (basically the same, like the dmax, rodeo and greatwall) I had a good look under the front end of my mates 4-5yr old bravo and the radiator is mounted BETWEEN the chassis rails, with a nice 200mm or so of radiator hanging completely UNPROTECTED below the chassis rails. The only thing holding back a show stopping catastrophe is an after market bashplate.

I saw that and its definitely turned me away from them!

For everyone who put their hand up for a live axle truck, check how yr mrs is with car sickness first, they all roll about something chronic.
Fast paced touring (I don't mean racing, just getting about) your best off with a nice IFS setup, I love my D40, with better suspension & tyres they are a top truck, have had two now, only other dual cab i'd consider would be the new Ranger (looked at hilux but the interior is shit, mrs didn't want a bar of it)

what? a ford? not me,not even with stolen money, f@#k the fords:rock:

Lol so many different views might as well keep my d22 3.0 turbo although i wish it was abit more modern and faster lol I did install thos led lights on my headlights witch seems to look very cool on my black nav

What you will find is that web sites like this are condusive to the faults of a product being pointed out and at times exagerated.
Similarly if you were to scan a site on Hiluxes, Rangers/BT50s, D Maxes, Colorados etc you will find the same result and the same perception of dissatifaction from the same percentage of those vehicle owners. In the end all vehicles have their faults and nuances it is just the way that you deal with these that makes the difference.
Sometimes I love my D40 and sometimes I despise it, it's all swings and roundabouts.

Back