This is how I get down!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben54b

Reaction score
Stupid name I know but some mindless dribble in another thread with tappet about car audio got me thinking about audio in general. So I want to know how you get your tunes. Are you into head phones in a big way ( I will admit to owning a few sets), do you have a love of tube amps and stylus's ( go ask your grand pa), or do you have the latest Sonus style wireless unit. I don't care I just want to see it, and if I want to see it I'm sure someone else does to.
By the way this isn't just about home audio, car audio is my man love as my wife won't let me have a home system ( too ugly and phalic apparently).
Also this is no audiophile love in, if you listen to music on it, I'd love to see it. Ben

Haha you big man lover you lol

I have a Pioneer AVH5550BT double din head unit with 6" Pioneer fronts and Pioneer 6x9" rears. That's enough for me in the car. Never been one for subs and extra speakers and bits and bobbies in my cars.

I have my eye on a set of bluetooth Beats headphones but can't justify the massive price tag on em!

Haha you big man lover you lol

I have a Pioneer AVH5550BT double din head unit with 6" Pioneer fronts and Pioneer 6x9" rears. That's enough for me in the car. Never been one for subs and extra speakers and bits and bobbies in my cars.

I have my eye on a set of bluetooth Beats headphones but can't justify the massive price tag on em!

Where's the hu shot. I want to seeeeee.

As for the beats headphones that is a whole other can of worms. Beats are at least 50% over priced for the performance level. But damn they look cool and give a certain cred.

Here's my current setup ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417552414.766222.jpg
It's the latest in transparent audio technology. Blends into the car so well you wouldn't know it was there.

Yamaha 6.1 surround sound with phallic speaker towers In the main lounge room Ben.
Same again in the garage minus speaker towers. Instead I have a splitter box and about 12 old speaker boxes harvested from multiple tip runs and op shop visits, with everything from tiny tweeters up to 12 inch mains. Average speaker box purchase cost -$5.
Plan is to one day tear them all down and build a wall of sound of my own!
Only problem is I have no idea about systems and amps and wiring, just plug it in and see if it blows up!

Yamaha 6.1 surround sound with phallic speaker towers In the main lounge room Ben.

Same again in the garage minus speaker towers. Instead I have a splitter box and about 12 old speaker boxes harvested from multiple tip runs and op shop visits, with everything from tiny tweeters up to 12 inch mains. Average speaker box purchase cost -$5.

Plan is to one day tear them all down and build a wall of sound of my own!

Only problem is I have no idea about systems and amps and wiring, just plug it in and see if it blows up!

Haha this kind of ingenuity is exactly what I'm talking about. Remember Google is your friend. Can we get some happy snaps. Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase.

Holly mother of stuffed full back doors. I must admit a double din deck looks so good in the d22 dash.

I probably could have fitted the 6x9"s in the rear doors without the angled pods but it would have been a lot of effort and precision and I still would have had to use spacers to allow room for the windows to go up and down so I was like meh

I probably could have fitted the 6x9"s in the rear doors without the angled pods but it would have been a lot of effort and precision and I still would have had to use spacers to allow room for the windows to go up and down so I was like meh

Wasn't saying it was bad , just wow sick by nines are huge. I really enjoy making spacers and the like. I work in ally all day and timber is heAps easier, but trimming is another tale all together.

Yea tower of power. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417557322.409891.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417557350.906502.jpg
Full sick speaker set
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417557447.693866.jpgbanging sub complete with cone ding. Maybe best to get kids older before home hifi happens

Stock radio, stock speakers. Bluetooth on, windows down, volume cranked lol

Last edited:
I had some awesome 200w speakers sitting next to an amp that was too big for them - then my 2yr old at the time son (watched by then wife) poked hole through the cones with a pen - never replaced them 😞

Latest posts

Back