Tie down points

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason

Reaction score
I'm looking for some tie down points to install into the floor of the tub. They need to be removable or sit flat when not in use so the floor of the tub is still fully usable.

Has anyone got some installed or know of a product?

Cheers.

Try UES or McNaughts at virginia, both in the same street as Jack Purcells (Pritchard Rd?) they do all sorts of bits and peices for trucks and busses, as well as ute tray accessories. I reckon they would have something.

boat shops have them....boats have then in them all over the place

ARB sell aluminium track and load rings that you can install anywhere in the tray. I've got a few of them installed between the tray ribs so they don't protrude and get in the way. Rated to 250kg too from memory.

ARB sell aluminium track and load rings that you can install anywhere in the tray. I've got a few of them installed between the tray ribs so they don't protrude and get in the way. Rated to 250kg too from memory.

have you got a picture by any chance? been looking for one everywhere

Anyone know what they are worth roughly and how hard to install? Looking for similar thing as the high tie down points in the tray are good for somethings, but not others. Having some tie downs lower in the tray would be great!!

i'm gonna just buy a couple of marine grade stainless hinged eye pads from the boat shop. priced around $10 each. I need to tie down my waeco better. depends on the size you eye you require i guess.

For the two small tie down tracks (about 40mm) and two rings plus mounting hardware cost about $20 from memory. The long track, 1200mm long is about $50ish dollars, it also comes in 300mm lengths I think. The tie down rings that clip in and out are available separately, 2 for $10.

I bought some earlier this year, have fitted two of the small sections (40mm) into the middle of the ute (between the ribs) and a 1200mm track along the rear near the tailgate. This way I can tie down in a number of different areas and don't only have to use the utili track as sometimes they are too high.

Sounds ok, any chance you could post a pic of your setup?

Kit comes with all hardware required to mount the rails.
ARB Coopers Plains has a tradies pack on sale for resonable $$$
I fitted the rail with stainless steel bolts beccause I had them lying around.
Easy job well worth it.

Any tips on installation guys? Just drill through the bed of the tray anywhere you want to put a tie down point then bolt through? that simple???

Any tips on installation guys? Just drill through the bed of the tray anywhere you want to put a tie down point then bolt through? that simple???

I would acquaint myself with what is underneath the tub before I drilled. There are a few cross braces and other support stuff that might get in the road.

Latest posts

Back