Time to replace aux batteries

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gadgets

Reaction score
Ive got two extra battery's in the tub for running the fridge and aux lights ,Its time to replace them as one of them is not holding charge anymore( I guess I may as well change both as most appliances suggest not to mix old and new batteries) . Ive got a redarc bcdc 1220 as the main charger.
Whats the best options(new battery technology) out there at the moment(budget of $600ish budget) for 2 replacement batteries?
Ive been using two 75amp deep cycle batteries for the last few years and if possible I would like more a bit more, ps, I usually drive around 100ks a day. thanks.

Click here to see what I would consider to be the ideal battery. It's just a shame that it costs so much. Not sure how that charger would go with it - the BCDC is designed for lead acid batteries and this ain't one.

Nice things about LiFePO4 - constant voltage during discharge. Discharge to 100% without worry. Non-corrosive interior. Generally find lifespans of 10+ years (expected) compared to an expected lifespan of 3-5 years (crankers) and 5-8 years (AGM) (figures vary depending on what you're reading or who you're talking to).

Failing that here's a far more reasonably priced choice that fits the mark (and check the weight of this 165Ah sucker, then go back and look at the LiFePO4 200Ah unit). This unit - while it's heavier than many teenage children - is an AGM battery (so it's robust) and won't need a change in charger.

Is that one AGM? For that price it seems flooded cell, yet mentions AGM?

Actually read prices wrong, ignore that^^^

Has anyone looked at century batteries?

Yes it's an AGM, the reason i was looking at this battery was that it was about the same size as my now dead Odyssey. And the price is a lot better.
Price is $319 and free delivery from this place.

http://www.probatteries.com.au/store/p205/Remco_RM12-100DC_Batteries_12v_100ah.html

Was told by Battery World that this is the battery that comes standard in a lot of large RV's.
And it's a 100ah.

Also for those wanting batteries behind the back folding seats, see the long skinny ones, they might fit.

http://www.probatteries.com.au/remco-batteries.html

Latest posts

Back