Timing chain inspection

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vool104

Reaction score
Ok... I had to have a squiz at my chains just to be happy.. The car has 170,000 kms on the clock now an still runs great. But I checked any way with the assistance of Paul at YD25 over the phone top bloke an very helpful I might add. Anyway it's a simple process if you have a bit of time. I pulled the covers off got in there an whisked around with a camera, an all seems fine. No damage, so I'm happy. I'll check it every 10,000 now I wrekin just to keep an eye on it. An if it starts looking sour I can do something about. It's highly unlikely they would just stretch an snap with out a tell tail!!!:rambo: plz don't take this as gospel just have a geese when ur bored. Cheers peeps. Peace

Its good to know that not all that are over 100k are having problems.
good bit of info, cheers.

There's millions on the roads they can't be that bad. Or it would be on a current affair

Totally agree, mine got replaced under warranty at 87k but it wasnt that bad and the noise it was making it had been doing that since it had 20k on it.

Can u describe the noise? Is it heaps noticeable??

The noise was hard to pin point, i could never really work out weather it was injector noise or timing chain. The timing chain was my first thought, But being so new i didnt think it was possible and Nissan kept saying it was normal.
Anyway the engine would rattle a little bit louder then what i had herd other diesel i have owned, BUT only under light acceleration, the type of acceleration you need to just maintain a set speed as soon as you put your foot down harder it would go, BUT back off and coast again and it would rattle away and loud enough to be herd with the radio on normal to low volume.

hhhmmm its an interesting one, i started mine with the belts off an you can here the engine ticking away smoothly just with a normal injector ticking noise, but coming from around the fuel pump/vacc pump area there is a weird noise almost like a bad pully bearing. i dunno. ive checked it out and there is no noticable damage inside an all seems fine so im gonna run with that.

Latest posts

Back